Yeah yeah yeah's 16 May @ The Forum

KELLYS LEASHKELLYS LEASH Posts: 184
edited May 2006 in Other Music
So they were nothing less than great, which is a lot more than i can say for the opening acts. I can's remember the first bands name something like "100 reasons to kill yourself while watching us" or something like that (well actually 'Hundred eyes') :) But they were a wanna be arty/psch/pretentious bunch of hopeless musos. The lead singer looked like the offspring of the guy from The Darkness, and insisted on screaming down the mic and putting his guitar in front of the amp to get wonderful feedback .......... They were bombarded with hurls of abuse from the crowd including me I just couldn't believe they were opening for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs but oh well.... The second band were The Services who were a bit better a synth based two piece.
But anyway enough about them and onto the headliners...........wow oh wow they gave an awesome show, Karen was pumped and full of energy and kept the crowd excited she sure knows how to entertain. The place was rocking hard. All I can say is AMAZING>>>>>>>
But they only played for about an hour
and their setlist was:

Gold Lion
Pin
Honeybear
Way Out
Black Tongue
Phenomena
Down Boy
Cheated Hearts
Mysteries
Art Star
Y Control
Turn Into

----Encore

Maps
Warrior
Tick
29/05/00 -Wembley
20/04/06 - The Astoria alley crew + got to shake Ed's hand
25/04/06 -Jools Show + got Mike's autograph
27/08/06- 07/09/06- 09/09/06-13/09/06-17/09/06-13/06/07-18/06/07
...Three crooked hearts and swirls all around...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    they are pretty good live. the sets are a bit short and from what ive heard of this tour its milder then past ones. but with that said one of the better bands ive seen. karen is just great. i was front row in philly and it was pure fun. its seems impossible not to like karen when she takes stage. shes all smiles and craziness. i wish nick would lose the "too cool to care" thing. but even he seems to smile time to time at the shows.

whats the deal with all the moshing during maps? i never got this, its maps people a sappy love song. yet the biggest mosh song.
  • allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    I saw them in St. Louis last month and I was impressed. It was my first time seeing them live. Our opening bands sucked also, I forgot the names but I don't think it was "The Services". Karen is awesome. Their new album is awesome. Yes, their set list is short, but they really only have two CD's and their debut album is only like 30 minutes long, so they don't really have a lot to choose from. I'd see them again!
  • dr jamdr jam Posts: 69
    Decided to check out Show Your Bones to see what the fuss was about. I was really suprised how good it was, they actually rock.
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    dr jam wrote:
    Decided to check out Show Your Bones to see what the fuss was about. I was really suprised how good it was, they actually rock.
    best album of 2006 for me so far ;)
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA