continuum

bluemonkeybluemonkey Posts: 198
edited September 2006 in Other Music
the new john mayer album "continuum" is pretty freakin awesome...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• OttOtt Posts: 403
    Agreed. I bought it yesterday. The listen on the way to work this morning sealed the deal. I've always resisted getting into him while I knew he was a talented guitar player. This album is so great. Takes me right back to the music I listened to as a kid (through my folks). His influences really come through and surprised me. I am sold. His sound has really "grown up" from what I perceived it to be. Really bluesy, soulful, ...

Ott
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • I am very impressed with this record, I thought Heavier Things was a great step in the right direction, but still not quite there. This and the Try! album are solid proof that this guy is legit.
  • the first half of this album i think is really good mature pop. he starts losing me in the second half with the kind of cheesy ballads. Try is definitely better. still, continuum is decent
  • I know nothing of John Mayer, except You're Body Is A Wonderland, but I saw him on Letterman (i think) and he played with The Trio, and it was amazing, So my question is, what's his new album like? Is it more pop teen girl stuff or is it a bit heavier?

Thanks a lot
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
  • OttOtt Posts: 403
    Wouldn't say heavier at all. Definitely not poppy girl stuff. Grown up (and some socially relevant) lyrics. Sexy, bluesy, soulful record. Mellow, but good. Really good.

Ott
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • Ott wrote:
    Wouldn't say heavier at all. Definitely not poppy girl stuff. Grown up (and some socially relevant) lyrics. Sexy, bluesy, soulful record. Mellow, but good. Really good.

Ott

I think sexy is the best way to describe this album. A lot of the tracks have a sexy groove to it
  • disappointing, way too bland. the guy has talent but hes not using it. he can play a guitar like nobody's business, yet he's writing boring, adult contemporary songs.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times