hear this? FOB and john mayer do beat it.

catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
edited April 2008 in Other Music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgQStsYVvck

my daughter was raving about this. of course shes too young to know the michael jackson original. and i had to explain to her who EVH was but hey...
anyhoo john mayer getting down on his bad self. kudos to him for doing this i reckon. :)
hear my name
take a good look
this could be the day
hold my hand
lie beside me
i just need to say
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    I enjoyed Mayer's guitar work there.

He's got loads of talent that people dismiss just because he makes lots of pop songs.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Saw FOB play that at Reading last year. Was great fun. People rip on them because they are "emo" (they aren't) but they're just harmless, catchy, pop fun. Great cover.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Saw FOB play that at Reading last year. Was great fun. People rip on them because they are "emo" (they aren't) but they're just harmless, catchy, pop fun. Great cover.

your right their not EMO... their just bisexual pretty boy garbage... the guys voice is just so in-your-face obnoxious... someone should slap him in the face hard at one of their concerts
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    your right their not EMO... their just bisexual pretty boy garbage... the guys voice is just so in-your-face obnoxious... someone should slap him in the face hard at one of their concerts
    Yeah, assault is the way to go when you don't like something.

SIGH
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I liked it until the vocals started. That voice isn't my cup of tea.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    DOSW wrote:
    I liked it until the vocals started. That voice isn't my cup of tea.

yeah i agree. patrick's vox kinda suck. he sings high and whiny.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Yeah, assault is the way to go when you don't like something.

SIGH

I would never do it... but it would be very satisfying to just slap that guy so that he stops... if he would cry that would be icing on the cake... you know that would feel good... after hes thinks hes so great and singing like a freak... Just listening to his voice makes me think of it... But i'm not a violent person... sooo thats why someone else has to do it...