holyfuckinshit...

catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
edited January 2007 in Other Music
...in the words of maynard keenan.
i saw TOOL tonight and that one word sums it all up for me. i had my TOOL cherry popped tonight and my god when you get so excited looking forward to seeing a band you hope it lives up to expectation. and this did. standing in the middle of thousands of sweaty guys all banging along to TOOL and being thirty feet from adam jones almost ensured there'd be only one outcome. maynard spens a hell of a lot of time up the back but who cares, it's his voice i want, not necessarily his physical self. danny carey is a supreme drummer. it is such a joy to lsiten to him play.
seeing TOOL is almost like performance art. the visuals behind the band, the lasars. the fact that here is a band that doesn't ponce around the stage.
and you know what? i get to see them again tomorrow at the big day out and next week in melbourne. and i can not wait. :D:D
hear my name
take a good look
this could be the day
hold my hand
lie beside me
i just need to say
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    This is awesome. I felt the same way.
    Cock Fight.
  • Man I'm so jealous! LOL
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Man I'm so jealous! LOL
    you should be, cause i'm coming to your town next week to see them again. :p:D plus i just got home from seeing them at the BDO in sydney. :)

tonight they played 'the pot'. they didn't play it last night. plus we got 'sober' as well. alas still no prison sex. :(
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Ahhhh I want to see them pretty badly.

gonna have to wait it out.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Lately, tool needs all the visuals to make up for some sub-par performances. Maynard has sounded like crap every time I saw them on this tour, and Adam does a lot of improvisations that just don't seem to enhance the songs at all. Danny was great though....always is.

I still think the Lat tour was 100 times better.
    Saturnal wrote:
    Lately, tool needs all the visuals to make up for some sub-par performances. Maynard has sounded like crap every time I saw them on this tour, and Adam does a lot of improvisations that just don't seem to enhance the songs at all. Danny was great though....always is.

I still think the Lat tour was 100 times better.

before i'd seen TOOL live i'd read comments about their 'sub-par' performances and basically ignore them hoping that they were incorrect. now having seen them twice in 2 days(though this hardly makes me an expert on them live) i don't know what the hell you all are talking about. yesterday i saw them outdoors and the night before in an 10,000 seat arena. what i heard sounded like what i hear on record. as i said previously, TOOL is like performance art. it really is a nice change to have the music take precendence over a lairy front singer who stands up the front taking all the attention. the 'disappearing' of the band members forces you to listen to the music. and for me the visuals just added to the whole thing. and being a fan of adam jones' warped mind i have no complaint.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • you should be, cause i'm coming to your town next week to see them again. :p:D plus i just got home from seeing them at the BDO in sydney. :)

tonight they played 'the pot'. they didn't play it last night. plus we got 'sober' as well. alas still no prison sex. :(

aaaaghh they will be in my home town and i can't see them.....ah i'm shattered! LOL
    The wind is blowing cold

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
    aaaaghh they will be in my home town and i can't see them.....ah i'm shattered! LOL

i'll be thinking of you.

yesterday at the BDO maynard said he'd see us in december.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    ...in the words of maynard keenan.
    i saw TOOL tonight and that one word sums it all up for me. i had my TOOL cherry popped tonight and my god when you get so excited looking forward to seeing a band you hope it lives up to expectation. and this did. standing in the middle of thousands of sweaty guys all banging along to TOOL and being thirty feet from adam jones almost ensured there'd be only one outcome. maynard spens a hell of a lot of time up the back but who cares, it's his voice i want, not necessarily his physical self. danny carey is a supreme drummer. it is such a joy to lsiten to him play.
    seeing TOOL is almost like performance art. the visuals behind the band, the lasars. the fact that here is a band that doesn't ponce around the stage.
    and you know what? i get to see them again tomorrow at the big day out and next week in melbourne. and i can not wait. :D:D

Cate girl!! Why didn't you tell me you started a thread? :) I'd have been here like a flash!!! SOOO glad you liked it!! TOOL live isn't a rock concert it's an experience!! And you are right, EXACTLY, like performance art!! Brilliant stuff!! And as you know I am soooo jealous!! Might even come stand outside the gates at Melbourne just to listen! Who needs to look anyway!! Yep, might just lie me down on the grass in the gardens and watch the sky and listen. Course there'll probably be some big burly security dick to move me on but might just chance it!! Yep, TOOL is awesome!! And excellent sex music too!! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • ...in the words of maynard keenan.

Tool popped my concert cherry in 1996. I don't count that other one.
    Vancouver 07/19/98 Vancouver 05/30/03
    Portland 11/02/00 Vancouver 09/02/05
    Boise 11/03/00 Gorge 1 07/22/06
    Seattle 1 11/05/00 Gorge 2 07/23/06
    Seattle 2 11/06/00 Vancouver 09/25/09
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,236
    before i'd seen TOOL live i'd read comments about their 'sub-par' performances and basically ignore them hoping that they were incorrect. now having seen them twice in 2 days(though this hardly makes me an expert on them live) i don't know what the hell you all are talking about. yesterday i saw them outdoors and the night before in an 10,000 seat arena. what i heard sounded like what i hear on record. as i said previously, TOOL is like performance art. it really is a nice change to have the music take precendence over a lairy front singer who stands up the front taking all the attention. the 'disappearing' of the band members forces you to listen to the music. and for me the visuals just added to the whole thing. and being a fan of adam jones' warped mind i have no complaint.
    yeah i 2nd that i saw them end the AMERICAN TOUR here on long island, and let me tell you it was the best show i have seen period. and i've seen 25 PJ shows and about 300 other shows in my life i saw LED ZEPP twice THE WHO ABOUT 8 TIMES PINK FLOYD TWICE including the WALL in it's intirety THE CLASH a bunch of times U2 at least 7 times should i continue plus i have all my tickets stubs so yes to me they put on the best show .......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    yeah i 2nd that i saw them end the AMERICAN TOUR here on long island, and let me tell you it was the best show i have seen period. and i've seen 25 PJ shows and about 300 other shows in my life i saw LED ZEPP twice THE WHO ABOUT 8 TIMES PINK FLOYD TWICE including the WALL in it's intirety THE CLASH a bunch of times U2 at least 7 times should i continue plus i have all my tickets stubs so yes to me they put on the best show .......

they took my ticket at the door and replaced it with a sparkly pink wristband cause i was in the pit. i was crying on the inside but then i got over it cause i remembered i was there to see TOOOOLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    they took my ticket at the door and replaced it with a sparkly pink wristband cause i was in the pit. i was crying on the inside but then i got over it cause i remembered i was there to see TOOOOLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    now i can't wait till the spring here he said the would be back ....
  • before i'd seen TOOL live i'd read comments about their 'sub-par' performances and basically ignore them hoping that they were incorrect. now having seen them twice in 2 days(though this hardly makes me an expert on them live) i don't know what the hell you all are talking about. yesterday i saw them outdoors and the night before in an 10,000 seat arena. what i heard sounded like what i hear on record. as i said previously, TOOL is like performance art. it really is a nice change to have the music take precendence over a lairy front singer who stands up the front taking all the attention. the 'disappearing' of the band members forces you to listen to the music. and for me the visuals just added to the whole thing. and being a fan of adam jones' warped mind i have no complaint.
    I agree, it's more peformance art, and I'm very much a fan of Adam more than any individual member.

But this tour is the first time you've seen them correct? I'm not saying the shows this tour are bad, I'm just saying they're not as good as last tour...that's what I mean by sub-par. It's sub-par for Tool, but probably still better than most concerts you'll see out there now.
  • yeah i 2nd that i saw them end the AMERICAN TOUR here on long island, and let me tell you it was the best show i have seen period. and i've seen 25 PJ shows and about 300 other shows in my life i saw LED ZEPP twice THE WHO ABOUT 8 TIMES PINK FLOYD TWICE including the WALL in it's intirety THE CLASH a bunch of times U2 at least 7 times should i continue plus i have all my tickets stubs so yes to me they put on the best show .......
    Holy crap, that's a cool concert resume.

How was Led Zeppelin? I've heard mixed reviews...some people say they sucked live, and others said they were good.

And what other tours of Floyd did you see besides Wall? That's awesome. I wish I could've seen them.
    Saturnal wrote:
    Holy crap, that's a cool concert resume.

How was Led Zeppelin? I've heard mixed reviews...some people say they sucked live, and others said they were good.

And what other tours of Floyd did you see besides Wall? That's awesome. I wish I could've seen them.
    the first time i saw ZEPP was here at NASSAU COLISEUM and just the anticipation before they came on stage was sick that was 1975 as soon as they hit the stage people would light fireworks off i mean roman candles and m80's and shit and they opened with rock&roll total blast off the only thing i didn't like about them is they would play these medleys of like 2or 3 songs combined i've never liked when a band does that ...2nd time was at MSG 1977 and that was one of the best nights they probably played for over 2 1/2 hrs they did an acoustic portion of the show probably 4 songs or so and people were still trowing fire works at their shows lucky for me i was on the top teir of the garden but they sounded awsome totally rocked ,as for PINK FLOYD the other show i saw from them was in support of" wish you were here " also a great show lot's of visuals .......
  • i'll be thinking of you.

yesterday at the BDO maynard said he'd see us in december.

december? wooohoooo....ok i'll certainly be there. hmmm a little strange they are coming back so soon!?!?
    The wind is blowing cold

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
    Saturnal wrote:
    I agree, it's more peformance art, and I'm very much a fan of Adam more than any individual member.

But this tour is the first time you've seen them correct? I'm not saying the shows this tour are bad, I'm just saying they're not as good as last tour...that's what I mean by sub-par. It's sub-par for Tool, but probably still better than most concerts you'll see out there now.

i too am a fan of adam most.
    and yes this tour was my first. 3 gigs in 8 days. if they come back in december then i will be doing some serious stalking. at least along the east coast.
    oh i get what you are saying. my bad. i just get excited around TOOL. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    december? wooohoooo....ok i'll certainly be there. hmmm a little strange they are coming back so soon!?!?

no not really. they've done it before.
    but hey. who cares? they are coming back. that's what's important. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • no not really. they've done it before.
    but hey. who cares? they are coming back. that's what's important. :D

damn straight.....oh my stupid self and my stupid mates who didn't get our asses into gear and see them this tour!
    The wind is blowing cold

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
    damn straight.....oh my stupid self and my stupid mates who didn't get our asses into gear and see them this tour!

my arse was so in gear i left my youngest at home under the charge of their elder sister to get them off to school, so i would be at the door when ticketmaster opened.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • my arse was so in gear i left my youngest at home under the charge of their elder sister to get them off to school, so i would be at the door when ticketmaster opened.

your arse was certainly in gear......oh well too late now.
    The wind is blowing cold

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?