hey brits and irish: my live music recommendation of the year.

catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
edited April 2007 in Other Music
the drones

20/04/07 Pine Lodge Mertleville Cork Ireland
21/04/07 The Ballroom of Romance Dublin Ireland
22/04/07 Barfly Glasgow UK
23/04/07 Fibbers York UK
24/04/07 The Charlotte Leicester UK
25/04/07 93 Feet East London UK
26/04/07 The Leopard Doncaster UK
27/04/07 ATP Festival Somerset UK
28/04/07 ATP Festival Somerset UK
29/04/07 ATP Festival Somerset UK

i can't say enough good stuff about this band without embarassing myself. if you can get to a venue, go see them. they are the real deal and such a great night out.
hear my name
take a good look
this could be the day
hold my hand
lie beside me
i just need to say
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    The nearest they come is York, which is cool, an hour's drive away, I may check em out.:)
    Then again you mentioned how good the Cold War Kids were I checked them out and they were not my brand of coffee, hmmm decisions.:)

Okay just read the date, my son's birthday, it aint gonna happen.
    Plus seeing an aussie band on st georges day how could the patriot in me ever stoop so low.:p:D
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    The nearest they come is York, which is cool, an hour's drive away, I may check em out.:)
    Then again you mentioned how good the Cold War Kids were I checked them out and they were not my brand of coffee, hmmm decisions.:)

Okay just read the date, my son's birthday, it aint gonna happen.
    Plus seeing an aussie band on st georges day how could the patriot in me ever stoop so low.:p:D

hey do not hold the cold war kids against me reefer. i'm talking about an aussie band now. :) i did think york would be your port of call and it's a shame you can't make it. but hey k's b'day takes precedence.

well seeings how you aren't gonna see an aussie band on st george's day then i won't speak english on australia day. :D:p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    hey do not hold the cold war kids against me reefer. i'm talking about an aussie band now. :) i did think york would be your port of call and it's a shame you can't make it. but hey k's b'day takes precedence.

well seeings how you aren't gonna see an aussie band on st george's day then i won't speak english on australia day. :D:p

I'm not holding them against you, one of the chef's where I work all so recomended them to me.
    Hey I had to where a silly Australian style bush hat for Australian day with a fucking Fosters logo on it no less, it annoyed me no end promoting a brand of lager that most australians dont even drink, were English ffs.
    I'm not holding them against you, one of the chef's where I work all so recomended them to me.
    Hey I had to where a silly Australian style bush hat for Australian day with a fucking Fosters logo on it no less, it annoyed me no end promoting a brand of lager that most australians dont even drink, were English ffs.

you know i'm seeing CWK in june.
    but don't forget you like bowie to my springsteen, so hey, there really is no accounting for taste, now is there? :p:D:D

and not only don't we drink fosters we don't wear silly bush hats either. did they have corks hanging from them to keep the flies away? LMAO!! :D:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    you know i'm seeing CWK in june.
    but don't forget you like bowie to my springsteen, so hey, there really is no accounting for taste, now is there? :p:D:D

and not only don't we drink fosters we don't wear silly bush hats either. did they have corks hanging from them to keep the flies away? LMAO!! :D:D

Seriously if Fosters was the only lager in the pub I'd go with out anything but that horrid stuff.
    And no the bush hats did'nt have corks dangling from them thank fuck.
    Seriously if Fosters was the only lager in the pub I'd go with out anything but that horrid stuff.
    And no the bush hats did'nt have corks dangling from them thank fuck.

well to me beer is enough to turn anyone sober. hence my drink of choice being scotch. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    well to me beer is enough to turn anyone sober. hence my drink of choice being scotch. :)

Lol, we have a bit of a dumb barmaid where we work, the other weekend, someone had asked her for a scotch, so she came and asked me where we kept it, I said to her just give her Bells to which she replied "but that's Whiskey".:eek::)
    Frightning.
    Lol, we have a bit of a dumb barmaid where we work, the other weekend, someone had asked her for a scotch, so she came and asked me where we kept it, I said to her just give her Bells to which she replied "but that's Whiskey".:eek::)
    Frightning.

sounds like a keeper. :D

hmm i could do with a drink right about now bartender. :D:p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    sounds like a keeper. :D

hmm i could do with a drink right about now bartender. :D:p

Her and Jade Goody could get together for a brainstorming session, the results would be fascinating.