all music sux and we are all suckers.

catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
edited July 2007 in Other Music
what if rock music,which we are usually led to believe is a creative force for good, or at the very least a harmless way to pass the time, has been lulling us into a passive, coma-like state while the world continues to get worse and we do nothing? discuss
hear my name
take a good look
this could be the day
hold my hand
lie beside me
i just need to say
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    well, it's actually a rhetorical question that one i believe. not a bad one at that i shall ad. thing is, there's such a load of bullshit rock music out there posing to be relevant and whatnot, but which in truth only contributes to the atrophy of music - rock specifically. but, if they feel like including a band like pearl jam in that statement they seriously need to reinvestigate their source.

bottom line, music will probably never change the world - people will/can change the world. music can be a contributing tool at various times in this process of change, but it'll never be a constant driver. music is to subjective in nature to effect a global change.
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    well there are some who believe that when we listen to music on the radio we are doing nothing more than commodity listening. meaning that what we are doing is listening out just for the bits we like and instantly recognise, (you know, the catchy riff we can all air guitar) whilst virtually ignoring the composition as a whole.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • lalalalaaaaaaaalalalalaaaaaaaa Posts: 2,445
    what if rock music,which we are usually led to believe is a creative force for good, or at the very least a harmless way to pass the time, has been lulling us into a passive, coma-like state while the world continues to get worse and we do nothing? discuss
    The internet and TV do a lot more to lull people into a coma-like state than music ever could. But even above that....ultimately, people do it to themselves, nothing does it to them. People have the choice, so they are always to blame for this kind of thing...the instrument that they use to lull themselves shouldn't be blamed.
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    can't really blame TV, Music, or even personal accountability. They're factors such as socioeconomic conditions that keep people from analyzing life and the world because of a lack of disposable time between jobs and family. Those of us you have this time should use it on their behalf.
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,138
    too philosophical....must put on headphones....
  • what if rock music,which we are usually led to believe is a creative force for good, or at the very least a harmless way to pass the time, has been lulling us into a passive, coma-like state while the world continues to get worse and we do nothing? discuss

Oh, go hug a tree.
    "Strangers passing in the street, by chance two seperate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."