qotsa live?

gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
edited March 2008 in Other Music
hey all, im going to see queens of the stone age in may. has anyone here been to one of their shows? what are your opinions of their shows?

**crosses fingers and hopes to hear "kick ass"** : D
This post is © by gfraser
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    I saw then open for the Chili Peppers. They were good, but extremely loud. I'm talking painful loud. It may seem lame, but you may seriously want to consider ear plugs for the show. They did rock, though.
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    gfraser wrote:
    hey all, im going to see queens of the stone age in may. has anyone here been to one of their shows? what are your opinions of their shows?

**crosses fingers and hopes to hear "kick ass"** : D

i won't be much of a help in here. they played gig in here but i was too late with buying tickets they were all sold out :(

but i'm sure you'll enjoy their gig :) you lucky one :)
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I've seen them three times, I think. Its one to enjoy alright. The stuff from the new album can be a bit dead, but the older stuff is definitely rockin live!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • one of the loudest, rocking, face-melting shows I have ever been to. If you like what you hear from them, be prepared to like it that much more live. Seein them in a smaller setting at the Orpheum in Boston in October also wasn't too shabby either.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • kick ass! :D

I've seen em a few weeks ago in Vienna, Austria. they were just... brilliant. there was so much energy put into the show.

I'd love to see em again, and I'd guess you'll love the show :)
    Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your own home.
  • gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    one of the loudest, rocking, face-melting shows I have ever been to. If you like what you hear from them, be prepared to like it that much more live. Seein them in a smaller setting at the Orpheum in October also wasn't too shabby either.

well the cunard centre here in halifax is a rather small venue so im sure they will be blow the roof off from what i hear on here. white stripes sure did when they played the same spot.

ok even more excited now!
    This post is © by gfraser
    kick ass! :D

I've seen em a few weeks ago in Vienna, Austria. they were just... brilliant. there was so much energy put into the show.

I'd love to see em again, and I'd guess you'll love the show :)
    i saw them in Austria two years ago - was one of the craziest crowds ever! They're definitely much more popular out your way than they are here!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    i saw them in Austria two years ago - was one of the craziest crowds ever! They're definitely much more popular out your way than they are here!
    two years ago? was that at novarock festival??
    because that was indeed insane! :D that was the second time I've seen em at a festival. the first time was a year before that, and to be honest I thought it pretty boring, mainly because of the audience and the fact that we were somewhat very far away. but at the novarock, they were mindblowing. and the audience was awesome, too.
    Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your own home.
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    kick ass live!!!!!
  • SarahCanadaSarahCanada Posts: 196
    one of the loudest, rocking, face-melting shows I have ever been to.

nice description!

lullabies was an album much better live than studio versions. era vulgaris was a better recorded album and again much better live.
    I went to the concert
    And I fought through the crowd
    Guess I got a little too excited
    When I thought you were around
  • I saw them in August of '07 in a venue that fills 2,200. The show was amazing. Definitely the loudest I have ever heard, I was seriously deaf in my right ear for a half hour after the show ended. Similar to a Pearl Jam show, they hit us with a slew of songs before taking a break to speak. It was one of my favorite music going experiences.
    two years ago? was that at novarock festival??
    because that was indeed insane! :D that was the second time I've seen em at a festival. the first time was a year before that, and to be honest I thought it pretty boring, mainly because of the audience and the fact that we were somewhat very far away. but at the novarock, they were mindblowing. and the audience was awesome, too.

yup, the very one! I love novarock festival, but that year it creeped me out a li'l... I blame the Bloodhound Gang!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • I saw them once about 3 years ago. overall it was a good show. it was either really rockin or kinda boring (basically qotsa in a nutshell), nothing really in the middle.
  • I saw them in Calgary last August and I couldn't have asked for more form the setlist - they played everything I wanted to hear. The only problem was they played the lame ass Corral which has the worst sound on the face of the planet. The left side of their PA cut in and out ALL night and I was choked. I'm a poor student and can't see them this time around, but I'm not that upset because guess where they're playing again? CORRAL! They're good to Canada so I'll catch them next time they come through.
    9/4/05 Calgary