Options

Minus the Bear - Acoustics EP!

JimBerkellJimBerkell Posts: 579
edited October 2008 in Other Music
So my second favorite band, Minus the Bear just released Acoustics: an awesome ep of a new song 'Guns and Ammo' and some redone tracks... so awesome! Check it out...

http://www.myspace.com/minusthebear

Their producer and former keyboardist Matt Bayles did the engineering on Yield and Binaural, the 3 instrumentals on Touring Band 2000... as well as Bayleaf by Stone(i think he even mixed this...) and some Brad stuff

http://www.mattbayles.com

Check there for all the stuff he's done.
"You could have licked the lips of God, but you chose the pavement..." ~ These Arms Are Snakes
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    JimBerkell wrote:
    So my second favorite band, Minus the Bear just released Acoustics: an awesome ep of a new song 'Guns and Ammo' and some redone tracks... so awesome! Check it out...

http://www.myspace.com/minusthebear

Their producer and former keyboardist Matt Bayles did the engineering on Yield and Binaural, the 3 instrumentals on Touring Band 2000... as well as Bayleaf by Stone(i think he even mixed this...) and some Brad stuff

http://www.mattbayles.com

Check there for all the stuff he's done.

Is it on itunes? if so i'll be getting this tonight :) thanks for the heads up i love me some minus the bear!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    Is it on itunes? if so i'll be getting this tonight :) thanks for the heads up i love me some minus the bear!
    Yep itunes has it. You can only get it digitally or if you see them on their current tour you can pick up a cd; hopefully I'll be seeing them on Oct. 23 in Philly.

Sweet! I was wondering if there were any other MTB fans on the board. Hope there's more around here...
    "You could have licked the lips of God, but you chose the pavement..." ~ These Arms Are Snakes
  • Options
    JimBerkell wrote:
    Yep itunes has it. You can only get it digitally or if you see them on their current tour you can pick up a cd; hopefully I'll be seeing them on Oct. 23 in Philly.

Sweet! I was wondering if there were any other MTB fans on the board. Hope there's more around here...

there are a few but not enough lol
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Hey, well definitely tell me what you think. I love the acoustic versions.... Shows how amazing this band is!
  • Options
    hey! someone check this band out! :)
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    minus the bear = amazing!!
  • Options
    I picked this up last night. Pretty cool stuff. It is interesting to hear it all stripped down. I still really enjoy the plugged in stuff more though.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    I picked this up last night. Pretty cool stuff. It is interesting to hear it all stripped down. I still really enjoy the plugged in stuff more though.

yeah.. i really love the piano sound on the tracks though. i think it'll definitely help get me through til they release their next album.
  • Options
    BremertonBremerton Posts: 279
    It's a good change of pace. I like it.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    cool thanks! I'm seeing them in ft lauderdale in november. I cant wait.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Bremerton wrote:
    It's a good change of pace. I like it.

Exactly what I was thinking...
  • Options
    JimBerkell wrote:
    Exactly what I was thinking...
    I see you are in Georgia.

Did you happen to see them when they played the Drunken Unicorn a few years back when they released Menos El Oso tour?

I ask because i was at that show. Pretty crazy you literally couldn't move the place was slammed like sardines!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    I see you are in Georgia.

Did you happen to see them when they played the Drunken Unicorn a few years back when they released Menos El Oso tour?

I ask because i was at that show. Pretty crazy you literally couldn't move the place was slammed like sardines!

Yeah! I was there! That's crazy. I've only seen the Drunken Unicorn that packed a few times. If I'm right... I think that show was a few days before the PJ show in Philly 10/3/05... I went straight from the show up to Philly for the PJ concert. My 2 fav bands back to back.
  • Options
    JimBerkell wrote:
    Yeah! I was there! That's crazy. I've only seen the Drunken Unicorn that packed a few times. If I'm right... I think that show was a few days before the PJ show in Philly 10/3/05... I went straight from the show up to Philly for the PJ concert. My 2 fav bands back to back.

Very cool. It is a small world. They are playing here again soon but i'll be out of town the day they are playing :( Playing at the Playhouse on 11/1 but you probably already know that. :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    Very cool. It is a small world. They are playing here again soon but i'll be out of town the day they are playing :( Playing at the Playhouse on 11/1 but you probably already know that. :)

Yeah, I was planning on going to that show, but I am moving to Philly tomorrow... haha, so I just reschedualed. ;)
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    they've got an awsome appearance on a compilation dvd called Burn to Shine vol.5 (seattle). also included is a uke version of cant keep by our own EV.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    I've seen that... isn't Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie on it too? I forgot all about that... I've been meaning to purchase that.
  • Options
    shameless bump!

Check this band out!
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

Got one. Figured someone else might be interested. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1