Best cd recieved as a christmas present

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited November 2007 in Other Music
Seems like during christmas, at least in my family, giving cd's is a popular gift idea.

What was the best cd christmas present you ever recieved?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 1992-Ten, Nevermind, Dirt, and Badmotorfinger... Man, what a year!!!
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Seems like during christmas, at least in my family, giving cd's is a popular gift idea.

What was the best cd christmas present you ever recieved?
    I don't know about CDs, but I've gotten a few PJ sealed vinyl over the years. Very sweet!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Portishead ~ Roseland NYC Live
  • My family does this weird Polish/Catholic tradition of giving a small gift on the Epiphany (12 day after xmas) and one year my mom gave me Ministry's Psalm 69. I thought it was both cool and kinda funny.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    with the lights out - nirvana. but it was by request, not a surprise gift.

no one i know would dare to try and buy me music. they're too scared and think my collection is big enough that they cant figure out what to get me. personally i dont think they try hard enough. :D:p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

• no one i know would dare to try and buy me music. they're too scared and think my collection is big enough that they cant figure out what to get me. personally i dont think they try hard enough. :D:p

Exactly the problem I have! :D The only person who can buy me music is my mom because she has impeccable music taste and knows what I have.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • I got Physical Graffiti once. That was pretty slammin'!
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Dont really remember what I have gotten for Christmas besides Smashing Pumpkins - Rotten Apples.........but that is one of my favorite greatest hits collections
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Nirvana Unplugged

STILL one of my favourite cds ever.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • I got The Police box set (Message In A Box) from my sister.
  • Actually it was a tape. Quiet Riot - Mental Health
    NERDS!
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Verses
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    People claim I'm impossible to shop for, but I have a simple answer: music. I'd love to receive nothing but a nice stack of CD's and LP's for Christmas.

Unfortunately the people in my life are also pretty hopeless when it comes to picking out music themselves. When I was 13 I fell in love with The Beatles, so for my 14th birthday I was hoping for some Beatles-related CD's. I was thinking Imagine or Band on the Run, if not one of the few Beatles albums I didn't own yet. Dad picked out a live CD by Ringo Starr and His All-Star Band from 1995 or thereabout. I listened to the thing maybe once or twice. A 14 year old doesn't want to listen to Dr. John - nor does this 25 year old a decade later!
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I buy so many cds all year round that I tell people not to bother plus they claim not to know what I would want anyway....
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • My girlfriend (now wife) got me Diorama a couple of years ago because she knew I liked Neon Ballroom. Talk about a good pick on her part.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Orphans by Tom Waits
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • War - U2. Got it a few years ago from my younger bro, really sweet album!
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Space Jam
    I'm trying to drink away the part of the day I cannot sleep away...
  • Never got one I liked, they always end up in the circular file. My family has horrible taste in music.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Actually I take that back. My father in law gave me Marc Copely's "Limited Lifetime Guarantee" a few years ago and that's a great album.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    buena vista social club

not the type of music I normally listen to but this CD is great
  • I got LO2L back in 98 or whenever it came out and a few years ago my brother got me the Led Zep Discography box.
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.