Just saw Cat Power live...

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited April 2008 in Other Music
and it was one of the best shows I have ever seen. People on here, and elsewhere scared the crap out of me. All I have ever heard is how great she is on record and in studio (no doubt in my mind), but that she sucks live. Her show was bizaare, i agree, she didnt like the "spotlight" on her, and the stage was dark alot of the time, and she talked about how she couldnt drink, and how stupid that was, and then disappeared with the guitarist and drummer without warning for 5 minutes while the bassist and keyboardist noodled around. When she came back she said she "had a drink".

All the bizaare antics aside, she is incredible live. I love her voice, and was worried it wouldnt match what I have heard on record. It does.

During Metal Heart, specifically it felt like a religious experience to me, I felt like I was talking to god or something. It was mindblowing. I got chills and everything.

Go see her live, ignore the reviews, and just go. If you were at the show tonight and didnt feel moved, you must be dead inside.

Hell of a show!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    Definitely not missing her at Bonnaroo. Though I doubt it will be as intense as seeing her own show would be.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    the new version of metal heart on the jukebox album is one that i can listen to on repeat forever...it is truly amazing and heartbreaking and empowering and so many other inexplicable things all rolled into one!

i kick myself everyday for not saving my money to see her when she came to st.pete...guess that'll be my reason to go to lolla this year :D

glad you had a great time. she's just amazing!!
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • I'm going to see her in June... uber excited! :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • burtschipsburtschips Posts: 734
    yeah, she's great.
    Salut baloo
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I would actually kill to see Colors and the Kids played live.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"