All Things Beatles

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited September 2007 in Other Music
The most important band in history deserve a thread on here often.

here are some quandry's

Who is or was "sgt pepper"?

Is the Beatles Love album any good?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Love is very good.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • additionally I am psyched as hell to see Across the Universe. should be a hell of a movie.

even paul mccartney saw it and said "whats not to love"
  • I think I read somewhere Sgt. Pepper was just made up, and they pretended to be the Lonely Hearts Club Band for that album.
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Beck..Beck.. Posts: 535

here are some quandry's

Sgt pepper was a police officer in liverpool,john lennon was in trouble with the pigs alot when he was younger.
  • The album was to originally be named Dr Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, until someone informed the boys that Dr Pepper is a soft drink in America, so they changed it to Sgt Pepper
    4/23/03 - Champaign, IL
    5/16/06 - Chicago, IL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    5/4/10 - St Louis, MO

...tickle my nausea...
  • I thought love was a great concept for cirque de solie, but for a cd to listen at home, didn't work.....the mixing is just irritating...stick to the originals, you can't go wrong
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    SlowFade wrote:
    I thought love was a great concept for cirque de solie, but for a cd to listen at home, didn't work.....the mixing is just irritating...stick to the originals, you can't go wrong

only bad thing is i sold all my beatles albums becos i thought they were going to remaster them all and i wanted to get rid of mine while they were still worth something. 3 years later and still no fucking remastered albums aside from the love album and historical rewrite of let it be naked.
  • EbizzieEbizzie Posts: 240
    If you make it to Vegas definitely check out the Love show. Simply outstanding. My wife knows the Beatles just because of how often I listen to them. The couple we went with just knew the basic songs and left that show buying Beatles CDs. It's really breathtaking...the soundsystem is unreal in the theater and the visual affects are unreal.
    "Worse than traitors in arms are the men who pretend loyalty to the flag, feast and fatten on the misfortunes of the nation while patriotic blood is crimsoning the plains." -- Abraham Lincoln
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183

here are some quandry's

Never was that big on th Beatles as a whole however I loved more on their own. Starting with my favorite George Harrison then John Lennon.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    SlowFade wrote:
    I thought love was a great concept for cirque de solie, but for a cd to listen at home, didn't work.....the mixing is just irritating...stick to the originals, you can't go wrong

The Surround DVD-A mix is great, I think the CD is pretty good. Some songs are on par with the originals, others not so much. Revolution sounds cleaner, yet fuzzier, then I've heard it before.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball