Uncle neil's ticket prices

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited September 2007 in Other Music
I was ecstatic upon hearing that uncle neil would be playing portland in october. What pisses me off to no end, is the ridiculous ticket prices. Some of the best seats in the house, are 150 bucks. Now I love neil, his music has changed me, radicalized me, soothed me and been the soundtrack to my life, but even I have to draw the line somewhere.

I dont understand why tickets cost so much these days. I can see neil charging 50 bucks, but 150 plus is absurd.

I hope to see uncle neil before I die, but if he continues to charge this much for shows, that may be a doubtful idea
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    I had to pass on the L.A. show. Top price of $257, along with a $21 service fee is way too much. Lowest price ticket w/ fees would be $86. Way to much combined with a 3 hour drive each way.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I was ecstatic upon hearing that uncle neil would be playing portland in october. What pisses me off to no end, is the ridiculous ticket prices. Some of the best seats in the house, are 150 bucks. Now I love neil, his music has changed me, radicalized me, soothed me and been the soundtrack to my life, but even I have to draw the line somewhere.

I dont understand why tickets cost so much these days. I can see neil charging 50 bucks, but 150 plus is absurd.

I hope to see uncle neil before I die, but if he continues to charge this much for shows, that may be a doubtful idea
    Tickets costs so much because inflation has gone up and the supply and demand is really high in alot of markets. I pretty much spring for the cheap seats at shows now, cause I look at it like, "at least I'm in the building" Seems like the rock and roll hall of famers charge the most.
    I'm sure cd burning has probably driven the cost up to, cause the bands have got to make a profitable living for alot of people (roadies, tech people, bus drivers, assistants ect. If cd burning is a factor (it might be, might not) then they have to make that missing profit off of something. I hear ya though, I've had to sit out some shows and pick certain ones a year cause of the prices.
    I know it may sound weird, but I have a bucket of change, that I constantly keep filling up and it usually is enough for two or three shows each time. Spare change has become what I buy my show tickets with. :)
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    merkinball wrote:
    I had to pass on the L.A. show. Top price of $257, along with a $21 service fee is way too much. Lowest price ticket w/ fees would be $86. Way to much combined with a 3 hour drive each way.

yea i passed on the la show....too much $$$ since i will have been at bridge the weekend previous....:)
  • Save your money for Van Halen kids. Trust me, Neil Young isn't worth paying those prices for.
  • Looks like Neil is dodging the South As well!
    "It's all happening"
  • I also think we are paying for the intimacy of a smallish theater tour. I know LA's venue seats about 7500 or so, but the Portland venue seats about 2300 people. The alternative would be seeing Neil at the Rose Garden for 65.00 and I'd rather pay more to see him in a better venue..but I know this isn't possible for everyone.

On the other hand, I'm seeing Ben Harper at the same Portland Venue and his tickets were about $50.00. I don't know why Neil's are 150.00 but I got 3rd row seats so I'm sure it will be worth it in the long run.

I also agree with chiefojibwa. Money comes and goes but memories always last longer. I will always remember a great show much longer than I will remember what I paid to see that show!
    Gorge
  • Matty Boy wrote:
    Save your money for Van Halen kids. Trust me, Neil Young isn't worth paying those prices for.

Seriously????
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    Matty Boy wrote:
    Save your money for Van Halen kids. Trust me, Neil Young isn't worth paying those prices for.

VH tix were around the same price...and Neil is worth it! That said....his tix price is INSANE thou and Pegi is opening....I just can't believe how expensive hie tix are!
  • Matty Boy wrote:

Psh. You just want to make sure there are Neil tickets left for you. :p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Matty Boy wrote:

hahahahahahahahaha....good one....:D
  • Psh. You just want to make sure there are Neil tickets left for you. :p

I've wasted my money on Neil Young before. As it turned out, I had to sit through his whole boring album, Greendale. Watching some old fart hunched over his guitar playing one note relentlessly isn't my idea of a good concert. I'll be spending my money on seeing a guitar legend in the form of the one an only Edward Van Halen!!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ym1hlgWhcHI
  • the Portland show's sold out? Fuck, off to Ebay/Craigslist I go. Not missing this for the world.

Blake, did you guys get tix?
    Can't Touch the Bottom:
    10-20-01/ 10-21-01/ 2-26-02/ 12-6-02/ 12-8-02/ 12-9-02/ 6-1-03/ 6-2-03/ 6-3-03/ 6-5-03/ 6-6-03/ 10-25-03/ 10-26-03/ 10-28-03/ 9-1-05/ 9-2-05/ 7-13-06/ 7-15-06/ 7-16-06/ 7-18-06/ 7-20-06/ 7-22-06/ 7-23-06
  • For me I suppose if I paid big money for a NY concert then my guilt for illegally downloading, and not buying, his new album would be lessened, and perhaps even somewhat justified.

Big Money indeed.
    For Those About To Rock !

Art changes people. People change the world.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Damn, I wish he was playing Florida
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • so many neil young sites, anyone post a link to the main one? thanks
  • BlyssBlyss Posts: 166
    Try your luck on ebay a week or two before the show i've picked up my last two concert tickets and got about 40% off each, if it's sold out it might be hard but worth a try.
  • I'm a Neil freak. Moreso than PJ, he's pretty much it in my world. When I saw the prices for LA, I was pissed. I'm going to the Bridge shows but I wanted to see the real tour show.
    So I tried my luck with the presale, saying I would only go if the ticket was amazing. Well it was (6th row) so here I am, paying almost $300 to see what I'm sure will be an amazing show (as were the Greendale shows, BTW).
    Like someone said, it stung for the first day but now I'm over it and super-stoked I'll be able to catch the Continental tour up close.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • so many neil young sites, anyone post a link to the main one? thanks

his official site is http://www.neilyoung.com
    the presale site is at http://www.neilyoung.tickets.musictoday.com/NeilYoung/calendar.aspx
    only a few more shows have yet to go onsale.

Also, the CD comes with a ticket purchase.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • the Portland show's sold out? Fuck, off to Ebay/Craigslist I go. Not missing this for the world.

Blake, did you guys get tix?

I may try to grab some closer to the day of the show, but no way am I paying more than 50 bucks each. I saw Neil with the horse in 2004 and it was cool, but not worth more than 50 bucks. I have a Springsteen tour to save for.