Most powerful music videos

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited September 2007 in Other Music
what are some examples beyond the obvious Jeremy?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Fuck knows. I didn't even like the Jeremy video.
  • Alice in Chains - Rooster
  • Do the Evolution

best video ever
    the Minions
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Everybody Hurts by R.E.M. is a dandy.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    Closer - NIN
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • ONE...............

there is no competition
    Music is not a competetion.
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Hurt ~ Johnny Cash
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Oceans by Pearl Jam

Powerfully homoerotic, that is. :D
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • NIN - Happiness In Slavery and Gave Up are two of the most disgusting/insane things I have ever seen. I guess you could call that powerful.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • merkinball wrote:
    Hurt ~ Johnny Cash
    Seconded.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • merkinball wrote:
    Hurt ~ Johnny Cash

thirded....that was the first thing that popped into my head when I read the thread title! I'm off to YouTube to watch it now....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVAWKfJ4Go

Something chilling about seeing him, broken down, and all the footage...damn near brings a tear to my eye!
    "It's all happening"
  • ONE...............

there is no competition

If its ONE by Metallica, it gets my vote.
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

"That's a repulsive combination of horrible information and bad breath."-Pickles

"Remember, death is a natural part of the workplace. So, when you see a dead body at work, don't freak out, just ring your death bell." "ting"-Toki Wartooth
  • If its ONE by Metallica, it gets my vote.

There in only one ONE, and that's the one !!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    There in only one ONE, and that's the one !!

The Black and white image of the video"ONE" intertwined withe movie "Johnny Got A Gun is all too powerful.

A video for the ages.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Hurt tops them all for me.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    g under p wrote:
    The Black and white image of the video"ONE" intertwined withe movie "Johnny Got A Gun is all too powerful.

A video for the ages.

Peace

I forgot back when they had HAIR. I can't believe it's almost 20 years already.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• with the exception of Hurt, Closer and Do the Evolution.... the rest i'm not too fond of... or haven't seen

but damn that Doves video "There Goes the Fear" is one of the best and emotional videos i've seen.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • The ultimate....... Hurt -Johnny Cash

It's the most powerful video i've ever watched, cried when I watched it the first time and still gets me now. It's a whole statement for life and death, amazing.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • g under p wrote:

A video for the ages.

Peace

That is the ONE I am talking about.
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

"That's a repulsive combination of horrible information and bad breath."-Pickles

"Remember, death is a natural part of the workplace. So, when you see a dead body at work, don't freak out, just ring your death bell." "ting"-Toki Wartooth
  • "I Wanna Be Loved" - Elvis Costello
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    what of Just by Radiohead? I don't even care for them that much anymorebut that video is wicked
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-v02c4sx6o

see the resemblance from johnny cash's "hurt"? i'd say cash's got more emotion cause it's so real... but this one video is just as good. great video.
  • mrwalkerb wrote:
    what of Just by Radiohead? I don't even care for them that much anymorebut that video is wicked
    i'm not into their stuff previous to Ok Computer.... so i don't think i've seen it.... i have the album though
  • Today,1979 and Tonight,Tonight -Smashing Pumpkins
    Do the Evolution -Pearl Jam
    Evil - Interpol
    Hard To Explain - The Strokes
    Everlong - Foo Fighters
    Nightswimming,Everybody Hurts,Imitation of Life - REM
    Once in a Lifetime - Talking Heads
    Smells like Teen Spirit,Heart-Shaped Box - Nirvana
    Black Hole Sun,Day I tried to Live - Soundgarden
    If God Will Send His Angels - U2
    Work,The Middle -Jimmy Eat World
    Dead Man Walking,Streets of Philadelphia - Bruce Springsteen
    Shady Lane - Pavement
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-v02c4sx6o

see the resemblance from johnny cash's "hurt"? i'd say cash's got more emotion cause it's so real... but this one video is just as good. great video.

I was bored with that a minute into it.
    "It's all happening"
  • I was bored with that a minute into it.
    what can i say.... you're a boring guy (or girl, whatever). whatch the whole thing.
  • what can i say.... you're a boring guy (or girl, whatever). whatch the whole thing.

I did.
    "It's all happening"
  • I did.
    yep.... you're boring.
  • yep.... you're boring.

I'd rather be boring and have great musical tastes, and not quote the bible.
    "It's all happening"
  • I'd rather be boring and have great musical tastes, and not quote the bible.
    i'd rather not be boring, have great musical tastes and still quote the bible.