Sigur Ros

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited September 2007 in Other Music
Anyone a fan?

Their songs are really gorgeous and pretty.

mindblowing stuff
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Love Sigur Ros. Got Takk and (), both really good albums. Would love to see them live, know a few people who have and say they are hands down the best live band they have ever seen.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Anyone a fan?

Their songs are really gorgeous and pretty.

mindblowing stuff

I am. My wife turned me on to them. I really like the symphonic rock sound.
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

"That's a repulsive combination of horrible information and bad breath."-Pickles

"Remember, death is a natural part of the workplace. So, when you see a dead body at work, don't freak out, just ring your death bell." "ting"-Toki Wartooth
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    stu gee wrote:
    Love Sigur Ros. Got Takk and (), both really good albums. Would love to see them live, know a few people who have and say they are hands down the best live band they have ever seen.
    you must must must must MUST get agaetis byrjun!!! it's the most beautiful thing they've put on record
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    itsevobaby wrote:
    you must must must must MUST get agaetis byrjun!!! it's the most beautiful thing they've put on record

I think Takk has been their most successful one, havent heard that one youre talking about but ill definitely get it, they are a pretty special band. They did the full soundtrack to that tv show Planet Earth as well, and also had a few songs in that film Vanilla Sky.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    i saw them twice live and they are really incredible. you will never hear a quieter audience ever. they pause at times in the songs and its just dead silent. really great performers!
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    they are fucking incredible. im dying to see them live.
  • fotdfotd Posts: 514
    one of the best bands out there.
    I’ve seen Pearl Jam 25 times, Eddie Vedder 9 times, and Brad once.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    They are immense live and a must see when they tour.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    i've got

agaetis byrjun
    ()
    Takk

good stuff
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Aren't they supposed to have a new album out this year? Where the f**k is it? They take their time don't they.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • saw them in vancouver and in seattle at benaroya.
    just outstanding. lay back,altered state. beautifull stuff
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    fuckin cool and original music! Iceland knows something others can never have (think about Bjork!)
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    I listened to a couple of tracks on itunes yesterday infact, definatly gonna pick some up at some point just not sure when. I bought Zero 7 today, anyone listen to them?
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • The second greatest band ever - right behind PJ.

On November 5th they are releasing a double live DVD called Hvarf-Heim and a soundtrack to a movie they did called Heima.

The DVD is going to be interesting because instead of just filming their regular shows, they staged impromtu performances at remote locations, and invited friends and family to them. I think one disc is acoustic performances and the other is full band performances. I'm not a 100% sure about that, but it's what I've heard.
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    evenflow wrote:
    The second greatest band ever - right behind PJ.

On November 5th they are releasing a double live DVD called Hvarf-Heim and a soundtrack to a movie they did called Heima.

The DVD is going to be interesting because instead of just filming their regular shows, they staged impromtu performances at remote locations, and invited friends and family to them. I think one disc is acoustic performances and the other is full band performances. I'm not a 100% sure about that, but it's what I've heard.

damn! i just got the flaming lips at the zoo, just ordered silverchair, and now i find out another fav band has a sweet dvd coming out? top that off with a new oasis dvd due out soon (just got the email) and a black crowes new album and im a happy camper.
  • StellyStelly Posts: 170
    lephty wrote:
    i saw them twice live and they are really incredible. you will never hear a quieter audience ever. they pause at times in the songs and its just dead silent. really great performers!

This is so true! I saw them on the ( ) tour, and had the same experience. There was a pause mid-song, and you could have heard a pin drop in the crowd. It was amazing.

A spectacular live band. Definitely see them if you get the chance!
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
    Been listening to some more samples and all i can say is wow. I hope my HMV has some in stock tomorrow or i'm gonna have to buy them off itunes (i'd rather have the cd) Thanks for pointing me in their direction (also led me to mogwai which i'll have to purchase soon) Brings back memories of discovering Enigma.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
    evenflow wrote:
    The second greatest band ever - right behind PJ.

the acoustic performance will be really interesting to hear/see, can't quite get my head round how this will sound
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
    mole1985 wrote:
    Been listening to some more samples and all i can say is wow. I hope my HMV has some in stock tomorrow or i'm gonna have to buy them off itunes (i'd rather have the cd) Thanks for pointing me in their direction (also led me to mogwai which i'll have to purchase soon) Brings back memories of discovering Enigma.
    if you enjoy mogwai your next stop HAS to be explosions in the sky, AMAZING :eek:
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Sigur Ros is amazing, I have all of their albums, they're very inspiring. There was a long period where I would listen to them every night to fall asleep. Very ambient/calming music.
    itsevobaby wrote:
    if you enjoy mogwai your next stop HAS to be explosions in the sky, AMAZING :eek:

Yeah Explosions in the sky is also on my list. They are actually doing a show in Manchester next year so i might get tickets for that. Anyone seen them live?
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Explosions in the Sky are amazing. I really have to be in the mood for post rock, but I really love it.