Most anticipated albums of the remaining months of 2007?

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited September 2007 in Other Music
what are some of the most anticipated cd's coming out in September, October, November and December of this year?

It seems like we have hit a rough patch in terms of big releases

I wish there was a major blockbuster release in the next few months ala Pearl Jam, tool, Radiohead or the Chilis but that doesnt seem too likely
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Maynard Keenan's side project, Puscifer, should be very interesting. I am very excited about it's release on Oct.30th. If those songs from the Underworld soundtracks are any indication, it will be a a good one.

Unfortunately, we will have to wait untill next year for the real goodies, Radiohead and Metallica.
  • bruce and neil's albums should be good
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense

9/28/05 Pittsburgh
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
    8/2/07 Vic
    8/5/07 Lolla
    6/16/08 Columbia
    8/17/08 DC (EV Solo)
  • Kanye's new album drops tomorrow. It's fucking great.
  • what are some of the most anticipated cd's coming out in September, October, November and December of this year?

It seems like we have hit a rough patch in terms of big releases

I wish there was a major blockbuster release in the next few months ala Pearl Jam, tool, Radiohead or the Chilis but that doesnt seem too likely

What???? Ya do know the new James Blunt and Status Quo LPs' are out soon dont ya?

i jest of course...........
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Chinese Fuckin Democracy!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Kanye's new one is terrible. It sounds like he threw it together in five minutes. A disgrace compared to his first two.
  • Kanye's new one is terrible. It sounds like he threw it together in five minutes. A disgrace compared to his first two.

Sure you listened to the right album? I think it's actually better that Late Registration as a whole. But still no ones compare to Roses, Gone, and Heard 'Em Say.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    bruce, eddie vedder, foo fighters, babyshambles, possibly rem(doubting this one at this point)...other than that looks like its time to hold out for radiohead, coldplay, u2, and oasis next year
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • LedZepFan wrote:
    foo fighters
    really looking forward to this one!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
    really looking forward to this one!

everything i've heard from it sounds awesome...do yourself a favor, go to youtube and type in foo fighters-come alive....unbelievable song

Some die just to live.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I'm on a major Bruce kick right now. I can't wait for October 2nd! And then October 5th! Good times. :D
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Band of Horses
  • Chinese Fuckin Democracy!

I'm with you dude. That's the most anticipated album of the decade if not of all time. We can kiss 2007 good bye though if we don't get an announcement by the end of Septemeber at the very latest. Come on Axl, the rock world needs a lunatic like youself to shake things up a bit.
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    High on Fire.
  • Thrice's double album (the first of two): Alchemy Index Vols 1, 2 (Fire and Water)
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • spnkrispnkri Posts: 137
    Foo Fighters, PJ Harvey, Mariah Carey, Bruce Springsteen...I guess there's not a whole lot to look forward to this year.
  • Maynard Keenan's side project, Puscifer, should be very interesting. I am very excited about it's release on Oct.30th. If those songs from the Underworld soundtracks are any indication, it will be a a good one.

Unfortunately, we will have to wait untill next year for the real goodies, Radiohead and Metallica.

I've heard a few songs...they sound great.
    I'm trying to drink away the part of the day I cannot sleep away...
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Brad- "Best Friends" (Hopefully!!!!)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • I know it's already been said but after seeing Band of Horses in Nashville their new album is going to be.... (all the best adjectives)
    the Minions
  • The new Wu-Tang : The 8th Diagram
    NERDS!
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    eddie vedder, foo fighters, neil young, bruce and the e-street band...

now that is really nice!
  • JPS79JPS79 Posts: 148
    The new Wu-Tang : The 8th Diagram

Wasn't that supposed to be out in the summer of this year? I gotta say after Meth phoned in his last album, Ghost and Masta are the only one's putting out quality stuff from the Wu.

For me though after Kanye tomorrow idk of anything coming out the rest of the year I'll pick up.
    Seems the more you make
    equals the loneliness you get
  • JPS79 wrote:
    Wasn't that supposed to be out in the summer of this year? I gotta say after Meth phoned in his last album, Ghost and Masta are the only one's putting out quality stuff from the Wu.

For me though after Kanye tomorrow idk of anything coming out the rest of the year I'll pick up.

I enjoyed the New Method Man, I didn't like his 2nd album though.

Ghostface Rules though.
    NERDS!
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    I can vouch for the awesomeness of the new Band of Horses. It's fantastic, just a little on the short side.

The new Bruce is out there as well and is quality.

Eddie and Foo Fighters are my most anticipated.

Did someone mention a new Oasis next year? Any info on that?
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    The Robert Plant/Allison Krauss album is on my radar.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    I am looking forward to Milburns new one out next week
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Eddie Vedder
    Neil Young
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm

I am defiantaly looking forward to this. It should be real good.
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Broken Social Scene Presents: Kevin Drew - Spirit If.... (read an AMAZING review of it today.....can't wait til Sept. 18th)

Stars - In Our Bedroom After The War (Sept 25)

the Weakerthans - Reunion Tour (Sept 25)

Animal Collective - Strawberry Jam (Sept 11)

Thurston Moore (Sonic Youth) - Trees Outside The Academy (Sept 18)

......WOW, the next 2 weeks are gonna be really expensive

Ween - La Cucaracha (Oct 23)

Sigur Ros - Hvarf/Heim (Nov 6)
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
    mulva9 wrote:

Did someone mention a new Oasis next year? Any info on that?

Yeah I mentioned that...they were talking about going back in the studio and having an album out next year so we'll see

Some die just to live.