Summer Music

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Well its getting that time of the year again! Time to pull out the short sleeved shirts and shorts and enjoy the sun.
What are some good bands to listen to during the summer/good weather? When you are at a BBQ or if one could bring a stereo to the beach, what would you be listening to?
The obvious pick is Jack Johnson, but who else would you recommend?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AlBorlandAlBorland Posts: 117
    I would recommend Xavier Rudd. Australian singer/songwriter, plays several instruments...great for sunshine/beach weather.
    Skeletons ain't got nowhere to stick their money.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    aside from pearl jam, of course:
    dmb, jack johnson, tom petty, jackson browne, john mayer
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    aside from pearl jam, of course:
    dmb, jack johnson, tom petty, jackson browne, john mayer
    Depends which Jackson Browne stuff you mean really. Late for the Sky certainly ain't summer music.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Depends which Jackson Browne stuff you mean really. Late for the Sky certainly ain't summer music.

i love listening to running on empty while driving on a highway on a sunny day in the summer. thats the album im referring to, maybe i should have been more specific.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,152
    for all of you rap fans out there: talib kweli is the man to listen to while relaxing.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    dmb
    jimmy buffet
    john mayer
    allman brothers
    grateful dead
    tom petty
    jack johnson
    dispatch
    black crowes
    counting crowes
    bob marley
    creedence clearwter revival - bad moon rising, green river, grapevine
    crosby, stills & nash - woodstock, suite judy blue eyes
    neil young - heart of gold, hurricane
    bob seger - night moves
    the doors - roadhouse blues, peace frog
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    I'm going to see Foo's and going to Leeds festival in the summer; so you could call that summer music. :D
    What the fuck is this world?
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    for all of you rap fans out there: talib kweli is the man to listen to while relaxing.
    Again, depends which stuff really. Black Star is sweet for relaxing summer time. Some of the stuff on Quality is far too upbeat and danceable to relax to.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    Sublime
    A Tribe Called Quest
    Operation Ivy
    DMB
    Biggie
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
    Brainofdz wrote:
    Biggie
    Juicy is the greatest feel-good track ever. Makes me feel like I can conquer the world. It also has the coolest fucking tune ever.
  • Summer - Modest Mouse
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Brainofdz wrote:
    Sublime
    A Tribe Called Quest
    Operation Ivy
    DMB
    Biggie

Hypnotized, Juicy, & Notorious are great for outdoor summer parties and driving around, I gotta admit. I also like Kanye West's the Good Life & Stronger for the same atmosphere.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    When we have people over, we usually just move the Bose dock outside & put the Ipod on shuffle.

I will say that summer music to me is DMB, Sublime, Steve Miller, John Butler Trio, etc......
    My lips are shaking.......