Best and cheapest place to stay for the Van show

BrainofJBrainofJ Posts: 16
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Just like the title says. I've stayed at the sandman lots, but I want to try something else. The Marriot looks nice? The Howard Johnson Inn? What do you recommend?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 374
    Instead of staying downtown, you could probably save a bit of money by staying somewhere else that is along the skytrain line. There is a Hilton at Metrotown, it's about a 15 minute skytrain ride away. Also, restlesssoul works for the Marriott downtown, he can get discounts if you email him.
  • juliefer wrote:
    Also, restlesssoul works for the Marriott downtown, he can get discounts if you email him.

Yeah, just waiting for a reply back from him/her. Thanks!
  • i wrote you back!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Hey, I stayed at the Metrotown Hilton last time for the GM place show a couple of years ago and it was beautiful. It was right off of the tram (train...whatever), and very clean. At only around $90/nt. ( I think?), it was a great deal. This time, though, I booked a room at the downtown Comfort Inn. It is $89/nt. and very nice looking (recent remodel). Plus, the bonus is that it's conveniently located within a few blocks of the Centre and local pubs (where the real party starts...lol). Hope this helps...See you there!!
    Huh?!
    Seattle-11/5/00
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    The Gorge 7/22/06
    Vancouver 4/3/08
  • The only thing about the skytrains is if you are planning on heading to the bar after the show the skytrain closes before the bars let out and it is a PAIN to try and get a cab to drive anywhere further than a 10 minute ride!!! I think for us we will be staying right in Van close to Granville!!!
  • Definitely stay downtown!
  • dawngdawng Posts: 644
    I don't know if this is the cheapest - but it is right next to the venue for the get-together (http://www.kingstontaphouse.com/).

The price they quoted me was $115 for two doubles & two people which includes breakfast, and if I recall correctly it was $95 for two singles & $85 for one double (again, breakfast included). Shoot them an email & they get back to you right away with price quotes.
    http://www.kingstonhotelvancouvercom/
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • I'm driving from Marblemount, WA (family) to Vancouver, we thought about staying downtown but then we decided to stay in Surrey, BC (about 30 miles South of the venue) which is not to far past the border, we will check in and then drive to the show and after that drive back to Surrey so that we can get an early start driving back to Seattle the next morning...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • You can stay at my place for free if youve got an extra van night 2 ticket.
    Vancouver 09/02/05, so far so good
  • You can stay at my place for free if youve got an extra van night 2 ticket.

Sorry cant help you there :(
    We didnt try for Van 2 as it cuts to much into my vacation in Seattle and its me and my husband going up there so we usually dont have spares...

I hope you get a tkt :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV