WolfMother

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited October 2006 in Other Music
Are they any good?
All I know is that one famous song, "woman". Ed and the guys seem to listen and like them, and have generally good taste in music, so are they worth chhecking out?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Are they any good?
    All I know is that one famous song, "woman". Ed and the guys seem to listen and like them, and have generally good taste in music, so are they worth chhecking out?
    The whole album is awesome..Get it !!.you will not regret it...!
    Alot of Black Sabbath influence in it..
    Master of Zen
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    Its like a mixture of Led Zep and Black Sabbath. Very old-school. Get it, you wont regret it! :)
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Man seriously Wolfmother rocks! Saw them live afew months ago at the Horden when they were shooting the Joker and the Thief video wif the Jackass crew, great stuff. Best tracks in my oppinion are Mind's Eye, dimension and Collosial.
    Ten Club member 363***

7/11/06, 8/11/06, 18/11/06

escape is never the safest plan...
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    I love them.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • The best band to come along in years. the band that could potentially save music if they got a good following.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me..." -'Release' PJ
  • BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    They rock. Get the album.

Some people think they're a little too derivative of Black Sabbath, Zeppelin, even the White Stripes... but I don't mind. What can I say, I like all those bands :)

Great live show too!
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • edved82 wrote:
    Its like a mixture of Led Zep and Black Sabbath. Very old-school. Get it, you wont regret it! :)

Exactly...good description... if you love these 2 bands...you'll love Wolfmother
    Master of Zen
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Wolfmother rocks! Get the album? I really like White Unicorn at the moment.
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    yes, get it, the album i awesome..
    as said above, a mix of Led Zep and Black Sabbath, sound of the 70's, but well mixed and produced.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    dan_vedder wrote:
    Man seriously Wolfmother rocks! Saw them live afew months ago at the Horden when they were shooting the Joker and the Thief video wif the Jackass crew, great stuff. Best tracks in my oppinion are Mind's Eye, dimension and Collosial.
    Yeah, I really enjoy this album myself. I'd love to see them live.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    The new album is not bad. I might see them next month. But, i think we should hold on to the LED ZEPPELIN refrences.
  • overrated....... "joker and the theif" video on mtv give me a break i do like some of their songs but they aren't no zep or black sabbath
  • they are awful, they blow. i have no idea what sparked ed to start taking bands like wolfmother, kings of leon and the strokes seriously. they all make C- music and they all have egos that are bigger than they should be. i hope to god none of the guys start promoting jet or something.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    parel jam wrote:
    I really like White Unicorn at the moment.

By far the best song on that album. That main riff is one of the best I've ever heard. Simple, yet awesome at the same time.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Corduroy8 wrote:
    The best band to come along in years. the band that could potentially save music if they got a good following.

Save music? I didn't know it was in need of saving.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • They are good and have a fresh sound. But lets get to third album and alot of touring before we compare them and pass away a torch.

This was supposed to be what the white stripes did.

Wolfmothers song was on a tv show last week too. Are they on g records label.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    go see them live. worth every penny. incredibly energetic live (especially the bassist/keyboardist). they are very loud. like any good band, they're much better live. joker and the thief just pummels you live. i mean, they're basically Sabbath, Zep and the White Stripes thrown in a blender, pureed, and the aftermath is Wolfmother. so how could it be wrong. it's not like they're Jet and ripping off every other band's riffs and notes.
    Live Free or Die!
  • daanartsdaanarts Posts: 130
    saw them open for Pj 3times.. and they were absolutley amazing all the time.. great energy and gituirriffs.. best part ofcourse was when mike and ed joined them in barcelona...ohh the memories
    I change by not changing at all.
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Love the album pretty much solid through out!....As far as influences go you can definitely pick up on the Sabbath and Zep but the other influence I don't hear mentioned very often is Deep Purple, especially the use of keyboards.
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Love them!! can't get enough of them!!

Mind's eyes it's one of the best songs I've heard so far this year!! love the entire album!! check them out, they are pretty great!! ;)
    Pearl Jam Mexico 2005, The greatest year ever!
    December 9, 10 - ESTA BIEN, ESTA BIEEEEEN!

www.myspace.com/clau_yellowled
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    I saw them back in May here in Minneapolis. It was at a small club, general admission, I was front and center. I got a pick from the bassist and got a big hand of andrew stockdale's fro.

Give them an album or two and we'll see where they're at. I LOVE their debut album. It's one of the best rock albums I've heard in a while.

This is great. The crowd's reaction is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A2XKyFmjeE
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert