Interpol

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited January 2007 in Other Music
Any fans here? Am digging their records. Pretty catchy stuff
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• TaftTaft Posts: 454

Big fan here, I got into them last year around this time.

However, I only like about 3/4ths of their stuff. I like their darker, less catchy tunes (i.e. Untitled, Stella Was a Diver, Leif Erickson, NYC, Obstacle 1, The New, Public Pervert, Take You On a Cruise) as opposed to their catchier, poppier, chord driven tracks (i.e. Slow Hands, C'mere). I do like Evil though, which fits the latter category.

Listen to Leif Erickson 7 times in a row and you will be hooked, one of my all time favorite songs. Sets such a mood, a great tune to walk through a city listening to....
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Interpol rock
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    Love Interpol. Can't wait for the new album.
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    I love the music on "Stella Was a Diver..." and "Take You On A Cruise" and love the bounce of "C'mere" and "Say Hello To Angels".

The gent seems to have a thing for red hair.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • They're average, Joy Division are better.
  • i like them a lot, though i think turn on the bright lights was much better than antics. anxious to see how the new record will be.
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    they are fantastic. can't wait for the new album.
  • WESWES Posts: 168
    lyrics can be pretty horrible at times. but over all a great band. Joy Division were pretty much the originators of their sound.
  • One of the best bands I´ve been listening to lately
    ...can´t wear my mask, your first my last...
  • r2g2r2g2 Posts: 66
    They kick ass. "Not Even Jail", "NYC", "Evil", etc.
    I said Yeaaaaaaah!
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Love this band, both albums i have are great, prefer turn on the bright lights though. Always put PDA on the jukebox in the pub.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • i always say NYC is the best driving-home-late-at-night song on the planet.
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Turn on the Bright Lights is one of my favoirte albums this decade, it blew my mind, but antics was a little dry for me , i still like just not as much as TOTBL, i cant wait for their next follow up
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    LOVE Interpol....amazing band, i've seen them live 3 times now and they were incredible

NARC is my favorite Interpol song at the moment....in fact I have been in love with that song ever since I heard them play it at the Curiosa Festival (before Antics was released - I knew it was going to be an amazing track)

.....I heard a remix of Slowhand on the radio the other day - it was REALLY good - any idea where that track comes from????

.....can't wait for the new album
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!