Options

Jerry cantrell

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
edited December 2005 in Other Music
Anyone think Jerry can top Degredation trip?

I am nervous for him, that record is a masterpiece and a classic, I think it will be hard for me at least. It feels like I have to judge his new record by degredation trip.

The power, anger, feeling, sadness etc... of degredation trip is one I wouldnt want to try and match
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I'll just be happy to see some new stuff to be honest...sick of waiting at this stage.
  • Options
    if such a dark moody album can be topped cantrell is the man to do it. lets not forget alot has happen since degradation trip. layne died, the war, the hurricane. im sure these things have affected cantrell and im sure he has been writing new stuff since degradation trip. years of such horrible news and cantrell said it himself. "make a living milking scars". cantrell never seemed to shy away from sharing his feelings atleast the darker one. i cant see him changing that now. his best is yet to come.
  • Options
    VortexVortex Posts: 8,772
    I think he can.

Degradation Trip it´s a great album but he can do a better one although it will be very hard to compare it with Degradation Trip.
    If you follow every dream
    You might get lost
  • Options
    sj_2150sj_2150 Posts: 275
    one of the most pleasing things to my ears is jerry and layne singing together, wish layne was still here :(
    I wish my grass was emo... so then it would cut itself
    http://www.soundclick.com/Arcticangel
    http://www.soundclick.com/Armadillo
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Cantrells a nob, his solo stuff would never have got anywhere only for his AIC infamy
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    Cantrells a nob, his solo stuff would never have got anywhere only for his AIC infamy

what? jerry wrote almost all the aic songs. laynes voice is great but what about songs like heaven beside you and brother?
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    what? jerry wrote almost all the aic songs. laynes voice is great but what about songs like heaven beside you and brother?
    .......ok, well granted if he actually did write the AIC songs and his voice when singing with layne was fine. I had an album of his(the cover has him in some kind of jungle setting, bathing in a river or something) and was far from impressed by it
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    he always makes good records
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    elmer wrote:
    .......ok, well granted if he actually did write the AIC songs and his voice when singing with layne was fine. I had an album of his(the cover has him in some kind of jungle setting, bathing in a river or something) and was far from impressed by it
    Bogey Depot was not a great album. I thought it had good songs. Degradation Trip kicks a lot of ass. IF you were an AIC fan it is worht checking out.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    i don´t know but i wish him all for good ;)
  • Options
    Personally, I thought AIC's last album "Tripod" was their best, and I saw Degradation Trip as a sequel to that album so for me it's gonna be HARD for Cantrell to top it. But I do think his new album will rock!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee