Bob Dylan

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited December 2007 in Other Music
One of the greatest songwriters in history, in my mind the beatles are the most important band in history. close behind in 2nd place is dylan. One of the most important poets of the 2nd half of the 20th century.

His importance cannot be overstated,

anyone else love Im Not There. Jim james singing going to acapulco was goosebump inducing. Powerful as hell.

Dylan remains 40 years after he started out, one of the best.

his last 3 albums have been as critically loved as anything in the 60's.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• One of the greatest songwriters in history, in my mind the beatles are the most important band in history. close behind in 2nd place is dylan. One of the most important poets of the 2nd half of the 20th century.

His importance cannot be overstated,

anyone else love Im Not There. Jim james singing going to acapulco was goosebump inducing. Powerful as hell.

Dylan remains 40 years after he started out, one of the best.
    Yes.
    his last 3 albums have been as critically loved as anything in the 60's.
    Hell no. Fuuuuuuuuckkkkkkk no. ;)

Not that his last 3 albums weren't great (though, honestly, I haven't listened to Modern Times yet), but man his work in the sixties and a lot of it from the seventies was earth shaking.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    in my mind the beatles are the most important band in history. close behind in 2nd place is dylan.

dylan > beatles

the beatles have not released anything as magnificent as

highway61 revisited
    blonde on blonde
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • glasshouse wrote:
    dylan > beatles

the beatles have not released anything as magnificent as

highway61 revisited
    blonde on blonde
    I dunno...

Revolver, The White Album, Sgt Peppers, & the Magical Mystery Tour are up there...

It's pretty rediculous to debate it at all really :p
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    It's pretty rediculous to debate it at all really

that's true. Dylan is much more important to me though.
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • I think Dylans the best songwriter of all time, followed by Lennon and McCartney(sp). Of course, this gave the Beatles two of the top 3. I think the Beatles were more important however.

Something was magical about the pairing of John and Paul, not to mention George.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V