Options

Machine Gun solo-Best ever?

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
edited March 2006 in Other Music
Do people agree with Mike, is this the best solo ever?

As an activist against the war, this solo expresses everything in it. Without saying alot. There are few words, I think the tones of the guitar, the sounds, the screeching, express the confusion many youngsters had about the vietnam war.

Now three years into iraq this song still has power. It expresses my anger, confusion and just chaos reguarding iraq. The fact that kids are getting killed in iraq on both sides, the fact that 2,000 plus soldiers have died and upwards of 500,000 iraqis are now dead.

Amazingly powerful song, and the solo is just as powerful. In the solo alone hendrix expresses all I feel about the war and the people who run it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Best solo ever? IMO, no. But it is cool.
    "Fuckin' hippies!"
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Yeh, I agree. It's a great song but IMO the best solo is comfortably numb
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Do people agree with Mike, is this the best solo ever?

As an activist against the war, this solo expresses everything in it. Without saying alot. There are few words, I think the tones of the guitar, the sounds, the screeching, express the confusion many youngsters had about the vietnam war.

Now three years into iraq this song still has power. It expresses my anger, confusion and just chaos reguarding iraq. The fact that kids are getting killed in iraq on both sides, the fact that 2,000 plus soldiers have died and upwards of 500,000 iraqis are now dead.

Amazingly powerful song, and the solo is just as powerful. In the solo alone hendrix expresses all I feel about the war and the people who run it.

It depends on the person, me? I could listen to Band of Gypsys till the wax melts through on the needle. Hendrix could tell a story with the sounds he could make with his guitar. It's a great and powerful song, I think Isabella goes along with it because he said that songs about a soldier thinking about his lady at home but hugs a machine gun instead. It's so difficult for me to take one song and say best solo. For me the entire collection of work from Hendrix is so ground breaking it all falls into best solo ever category. It was so amazing he literally changed the way rock/blues all electric guitar really has been performed since.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.