The Decemberists

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Cool band. Cool name. I really like the vibe. This was my first intro to the band, someone in my dorm had a shirt of this photo, its a bizaare picture, and the guy in the red shirt caught my attention.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aliciajrose/260815504/in/set-72157594312865776/

Summersong is a great song.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    I seen em at vegoose a couple years ago and never really cared for them... but I did give the new album a chance and I really really like it.. i'd see em again now for sure!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • I'm really digging them lately. I saw them for the first time last month at the Nac in Atl. They put on a damn good show. The crowd was really into them and they were quite entertaining apart from their musical talent (which was excellent, as well imo)
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i've been given a lot of their stuff to listen to and i'm quite enjoying it. not sure they a rocking enough for me but i like some melodic stuff nows and agains Olivsks
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    i also love how they have this like 1800's vibe going on, and dont write songs about modern society so to speak but about chimney sweeps and WWI soldiers and such
  • InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    I love them...great band.
  • Mike_No_OneMike_No_One Posts: 53
    Beautiful music, lovely people, unforgettable shows. The Crane Wife is one of the best albums EVAH!
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    i also love how they have this like 1800's vibe going on, and dont write songs about modern society so to speak but about chimney sweeps and WWI soldiers and such

this is one of the things that originally turned me off from them....i just found it lame and very "scenester"-ish...but they've proved on the new album that they are very good songwriters.. and once you get used to their sound the lyrics totally work! i listened to crane wife again.. and yup i like it more and more everytime i hear it
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    We just saw them on Saturday. They seem like really great people. The opener was My Brightest Diamond and boy does she have a voice. Plus she plays all the instruments. Very talented.
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Mike_No_OneMike_No_One Posts: 53
    ...and their shows are so entertaining, so fun. No pretense just great music and musicianship. Anyone seen the clip of Chris Funk's TV 'shred-off'!?