concerts

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited August 2006 in Other Music
Already have Radiohead, PJ, and Ben Harper shows I am going to.

Anyone have any advice on other concerts worth checking out this summer.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Well this month i am seeing:

Beck
    Sonic Youth
    Band of Horses
    Slayer (w Mastodon, Lamb of God, Children of Bodem)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i had my 2 pearl jam shows. coming up im seeing the counting crows and goo goo dolls (couldnt care less for the latter but i like the counting crows and they're usually great live). in july im hitting the black crowes, drive-by truckers, and robert randolph show in detroit. then ive got tickets for lollapalooza in august.
  • JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    intodeep wrote:
    That is going to be so amazing.
  • ParasolParasol Posts: 319
    see muse and the strokes, if they get near you! ;)
    --- Barcelona 01/09/2006 ---
    ---- Lisbon 04/09/2006
    ---- Lisbon 05/09/2006
    "One of the best...The Best! Thank You!" Eddie Vedder. 05/09/2006 Lisbon, Portugal
    2007:
    ---- Lisbon 08/06/2007 ----
    ---- London 18/06/2007 ----
    --- Nijmegen 28/06/2007 ---
    --- Werchter 29/06/2007 ---
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Parasol wrote:
    see muse and the strokes, if they get near you! ;)

i missed the strokes when they toured :(
  • imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    Has anyone seen the RHCPepper's live...just wondering if I should consider squeezing them in?? I heard "you haven't been to a concert until you've seen them live", anyone agree?
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    imspinnin wrote:
    Has anyone seen the RHCPepper's live...just wondering if I should consider squeezing them in?? I heard "you haven't been to a concert until you've seen them live", anyone agree?
    Don't know about recently but saw them in Melbourne nearly 10 years ago and I was dissapointed. Nothing special, at all.

I'd been considering giving them another chance, this morning, was about to book for Earl's Court, but then I thought, no, nearly £50 for a 1.5 hour show (I hear that has not improved on that level since I sawe them) when I might get as bored as I did then.. I prefer risk £15 to go see some new band at the Astoria or Brixton Academy!
  • NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    I'm gonna see Rancid within a month.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• superdeluxesuperdeluxe Posts: 119
    Saw Darude about 2 weeks ago.

Got bumbershoot and endfest.

Maybe donald glaude.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Already have Radiohead, PJ, and Ben Harper shows I am going to.

Anyone have any advice on other concerts worth checking out this summer.

Muse
    Ziggy Marley
    Matisuahu
    Placebo (If they come to these shores!)
    Radio 4
    Futureheads
  • iluvslashiluvslash Posts: 121
    well im seeing the strokes in August this year!!! Their touring Australia and i thought i might as well check them out tickets were only $64 and my friend saw them last November at the Sydney's Gaelic Theatre and said they were awsome, you might want to check them out!!
    With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothing done!
  • armyreservearmyreserve Posts: 209
    I saw Fiona Apple & Damien Rice over the weekend here in Los Angeles. What a great show!
    10/06/91 Hollywood, CA; 05/13/92 Hollywood, CA; 09/02/93 Hollywood, CA; 11/05/93 Indio, CA; 11/07/95 San Diego, CA; 03/29/98 (Dead Man Walking - The Concert) Los Angeles, CA; 07/13/98 Inglewood, CA; 10/24/00 Los Angeles, CA; 10/28/00 Devore, CA;07/09/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/10/06 Los Angeles, CA; 09/30/09 Universal City, CA; 10/01/09 Universal City, CA
  • skychoticskychotic Posts: 9
    Unfortunately I live in southern Minnesota so I don't get much. I'm gonna be seeing RHCP in November. That should be sweet since I have a front row seat. But that's about it. Pretty much nothing good as usual.
  • funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    imspinnin wrote:

I've seen them twice and haven't been disappointed yet. Going to see them twice this year too. Althought I have never witnessed it, the band can occasionally be off but so can any other band. The only thing I suggest is to disregard what people say and just go for it. If I had listened to everyone's opinion about certain live shows, I would have missed some incredible shows. The Peppers don't typically receive alot of love on these boards so you may not get a good unbiased answer.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    imspinnin wrote:

They're a fun show. I think I preferred the one I saw in 2000 to the ones I saw in 2003, but they do have high energy. I don't feel the urge to see them multiple times - maximum 2x per tour, as their setlist doesn't vary too much but I plan to catch them each tour. We're going to Montreal and Quebec C this tour.

Other shows - was thinking about the Raconteurs, but I might be too late.

If you haven't seen them and can get to a show (they're almost done touring), NIN - I was kind of a casual fan, and saw 2 shows last couple of weeks, and they are one of the best live shows EVER EVER EVER and I am converted for life.

Petty is going to be at Saratoga in August, and I'm tempted, what with all the talk on the Porch - might be nice to see them once.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • drive-by truckers, robert randolph, black crowes
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    drive-by truckers, robert randolph, black crowes
    Yah that's a great show to catch! I've seen Robert Randolph and he's great...same with the Black Crowes. Hmm maybe I'll check out hte dates around here again, I didn't buy them cause at that time I was already going to see The Crowes but I'd be into going again.

Check my sig for my summer shows.
  • fragileblakefragileblake Posts: 716
    I saw Fiona Apple & Damien Rice over the weekend here in Los Angeles. What a great show!

I'm seeing them on saturday, mind if I ask you a couple questions?
    Do they both play full sets? What kind of stuff did damo play? Did they do stuff together at all? How was David Garza?
    Thanks a mil!
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i just ordered tix to see the church with rob dickinson (from catherine wheel) for august 16th :)
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    The only show I'm going to is The Flaming Lips and Sonic Youth next month. Should be a fun time.

And if the tix aren't too expensive, I'd like to go see the Pet Shop Boys as well (it's 80's nostaglia, what can I say).
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    to date, the church 8/16 and the stones 9/29. ;)
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    summer shows i went to or am going to see:

NIN
    black crowes
    Pearl Jam
    yeah yeah yeahs/sonic youth
    O.A.R.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • GeorgeinNYGeorgeinNY Posts: 113
    yes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Sonic Youth this friday and saturday, also catch YYYs last night on Conan Obrian show, tonight Sonic Youth is on.
  • tea leaf green

best show for $15

http://www.tealeafgreen.com
  • intodeep wrote:
    Well this month i am seeing:

Beck
    Sonic Youth
    Band of Horses

awesome intodeep ! :)

especially the slayer show...i'm hoping they make a stop here...i missed them last time around.

enjoy the shows! :D
  • If you're in or around Montreal, check out the osheaga festival Sept 2 and 3...
    Sonic Youth, Metric, Dinosaur Jr, the Stills, Ben Harper, Flmaing Lips, Bedouin Soundclash, Wolf Parade, G Love and Special Sauce and more...
  • NitroNitro Posts: 265
    I've got a couple of decent shows coming up this year.

Foo Fighters - Acoustic show at a small theatre, should be alright.

Download Festival:
    G. Love
    Jurassic 5
    The Wailers
    State Radio

U2 - Hawaii (I hope they have a decent opening band)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Todd Snider in June in Reno and tomorrow at the Troubadour
    Pearl Jam at the Forum in July
    DMB in Irvine and Hollywood Bowl this month
    Bridge School???

. . . Hawaii in December?!?!?!?!