Bob Dylan

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited September 2006 in Other Music
Anyone getting tickets for any of the Dylan shows that are upcoming. I am sort of confused about the whole thing. last time I saw dylan was 2002. Tickets were 50 bucks. This year, he had some presale on his website the first few rows I guess. They are called "hot seats" they ran for an absurd 160 a piece. Dylan has influenced me majorly and is one of the most important musicians of our time, but come on 160 bucks!!

Anyways, this was the presale. They had another presale going simotaneosly. My question is, is it worth it to buy tickets when they OFFICIALLY go on sale tomorrow, or am I sort of out of luck?

It seems like most bands nowadays have presales for their shows but it makes it tough for the rest of us, because most of the good tickets are taken.

So is anyone getting tickets tomorrow?

And did anyone get a hot seat?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yeah, I hear ya.

I got the presale for the baseball tour this summer, and it didn't even matter- it was all GA.

we still got down about sixth row on the field...but kind of a bummer.

and yeah...all that money for on one hand, a REALLY good set, but a short one...

not really my thing.

If you love Bob and it's worth it, go.
    you won't regret it.
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    If you want to go, it's worth going even if you aren't up close. It's a concert after all so you're really there to listen more than to see. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Those 'Hot Seats' were way too much ($190 for me). Most of the seats (besides the hot seats) are $65, with another $11 in Ticketbastard fees, and for a venue with twice the seating of what he played in last time. I figure I'll wait till the day of the show, and see what I can get cheap.

Seems like a big increase from the last few Dylan tours. He's got bigger name openers this time though (Kings of Leon, Foo Fighters), so maybe that factors into the higher prices.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I have decided I am going to see Bob Again. I can't beat the price I saw him for in 2002. Houston Rodeo in the Astrodome at $17.50 that was a one time hell of a deal. Yeah his tix run about 50-160 bucks and it is really up to you. I like Bob Dylan and I want to see him again before It's too late and I regret it in the future. If you are a Dylan fan, I'd say go for it, but it is really up to you. I'll tell ya though even with those 17.50 dollar tix for the Rodeo show, my parents still say it was the biggest waste. They like Bob's albums, they just didn't like him live.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • The show i went to August 18 was terrific and seats didn't matter at all. Either you were being an old fart sitting WAY back in the seats or you were a human being down in the field next to the stage.

View was great, sound was great, i loved it :)

50$ tickets for moving wherever you wanted to in fesitval style seating.

But your show may be a different situation. *shrugs*
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"