Options

Black Crowes

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
edited March 2006 in Other Music
Two questions...

1. What did Tom Petty do to them last year? I keep hearing that Tom did something to them last tour when the Crowes opened. Anyone know what happened?

2. I remember seeing them on tv for the first time, over a decade ago, and I remember thinking, they just have this aura about them, the cover of Shake your money maker, and just the way they look that oozes drug abuse, especially heroin. Anyone know if they were using heroin?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    chris3chris3 Posts: 43
    I dont know what Tom Petty personally did to the band, but fans of the Black Crowes were not really happy to see the band only play 1 hour sets all summer instead of a headlining tour. I do know that neither band mentioned the other the whole tour. The Crowes were never like stay tuned for Tom Petty and Tom Petty never thanked them for opening for him.

Most people assume that Marc Ford (guitarist......damn fine one at that) was on the junk and Chris Robinson experimented with it back in the day. Some people think that the keyboardist Eddie Harsh is on something right now, but it all seems well b/c he is back playing w/ them now. I know that the Petty tour has left a bad taste in Crowes fans mouths, but I never saw any of these shows so I dunno.

If you get the chance..... GO SEE THE BLACK CROWES. They put on the greatest live show you can imagine. I used to think no one could top PJ, but then I saw the Tabernacle run in ATL in 05 by the Crowes and I have gone on to see them over 10 times in the past year.
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,504
    I went to the Nascar All-Star race in Charlotte last year basically to see the Black Crowes play in the infield before the race. They put on a solid show but I was pissed they only played for an hour. I guess Nascar had restrictions on them. My wife (fiancee' at the time) was indifferent towards the band, but was stoked that she got to see Kate Hudson up close as she danced sidestage.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    chris3chris3 Posts: 43
    I've got a DVD of them doing a show in INDY for Nascar and its straight up greatest hits. The crowd was drunk and yelling for all the hits and the band played um, but the crowd just seemed like a hassle. I've been lucky in the fact that all but one of the festival sets I saw from the Crowes werent all hits. I saw um in Huntsville at whatever festival they have there and people were fucking slam dancing and crowd surfing.