Options

Santana

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
edited April 2006 in Other Music
Anyone seen him on tour. Most of you probably are not fans of his most recent albums, I personally like the Supernatural record.

But he is touring in late july and early august in cali.

I think it would be cool to see him live, anyone else seen him?

The fact he is such a good guitarist, just listen to his first 5 records or so.

That to me is enough of a reason to go.

But I really dont want to go if he will be touring with all these pop stars and stuff

Anyone know?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SathogwaSathogwa Posts: 227
    The man's a living fucking legend and an awesome guitar player who keeps getting better every year. Go fucking see him if you get the chance, man! I don't think he tours with all those pop artists, so that is reason enough, right there.

I've seen B.B. King, Ray Charles, Bob Dylan, and a few other legends. Frankly, at this point in their carreers they basically just go through the motions for their live show. There are moments though, and individual songs, that make it worth the price of the ticket, and you will not regret it. And I believe Santana still puts on a kick ass live show. Plus you will get to hear "that" guitar cry and scream. Live! In real time! Pretty good stuff, right there.

Even though he never talks to the crowd, and has almost zero stage presence, I've seen Bob Fucking Dylan sing "Blowing in the Wind!" Pretty fucking cool! I'm very glad I paid for that ticket. Priceless memory.

One final thought. Even though his newer albums are slick, pop oriented crap, there are still a few individual songs that kick ass on them. I also hear he is putting out an all-instrumental album later this year. That's exciting.
    Sleep on horseback
    Far moon in a continuing dream
    Steam of roasting tea

--Basho
  • Options
    everyone needs to see carlos play

i saw him last summer with los loney boys for $15 lawn tickets

go get the cheap seats if you are unsure

bottom line is if you LOVE the guitar you OWE it to yourself to make the discovery