Pink Floyd Echoes

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited May 2007 in Other Music
This song is transcendent. I remember, moving into the dorms, a few days before my first day of college ever. And a fellow roommate had those trippy like background things for windows media set up. So me and him and some of the other guys, listened to Echoes, and watched this psychedelic show on his computer.

Its a hell of a song. Starts out with those crazy blips, and skwaks and works up to a hell of a jam.

I watched the last scene of 2001 Space Oddysee, and synched it with this song and it fit perfectly.

Echoes could be the best song Pink Floyd ever did.

23 minutes of pure bliss
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Fantastic tune for sure.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i like that song alot also.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,249
    i put that song on in my basement and the blips freaked my young daughter at the time it really scared her i had to shut it off ,but i agree it transcends you to another place specially if you listen to it thru headphones ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    Fantastic tune...especially on Live at Pompeii.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    One of their best.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Love it. Takes 'meddle' from decent to superb all on it's own. If you don't have it yet get the Live at Pompeii dvd :cool:
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    I disagree that it takes Meddle to a new level. I just listen to this song rather than the entire album. There's not a single other song on that CD I like.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    gleemonex wrote:
    I disagree that it takes Meddle to a new level. I just listen to this song rather than the entire album. There's not a single other song on that CD I like.

Not even Fearless...man, that's a great track.

Put on Echoes, turn off the lights and enjoy.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Not even Fearless...man, that's a great track.

PBM
    Fearless is another beautiful track. The entire thing is good (though San Tropez and Seamus aren't great)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    Not even Fearless...man, that's a great track.

PBM

I AGREE w/you PBM :D I *heart* Meddle. One of my favorite albums of ALL TIME. ;)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    gleemonex wrote:

One of these days kicks ass!!!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • After Shine On my fav PF track of all time, Echoes is just a masterpiece from those opening pings through to the dreamy 2 verses into that funky work out, god Floyd knew how to groove.

The version on the Pompei DVD is awesome, seeing all 4 members bonding musically so well together.

23 mins of sublime brilliance.

Along side Crazy Diamond as the best PF collaboration of all time.