Options

Thurston Moore

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited May 2006 in Other Music
He is obviously very talented, but anyone else think he is kinda wierd. With pearl jam I know all about the band members, although I havent met anyone of them I kinda get the feeling of what they are like. Like with ed, we know generally what he is like.

But with Thurston Moore, I dont know, all I know about the guy is he is in Sonic Youth and married to Kim Gordon. Thats it.

I never hear stories of people meeting members of Sonic Youth.

Its just wierd. Its like they dont exist
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    If Pearl Jam were as underground as Sonic Youth, we probably wouldn't know much about them either...
    www.myspace.com/sharkie002
  • Options
    musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    good point, its just an interesting comparison thats all. I can tell you all about ed and his life, his influences, his favorite records, cause I have read all the interviews and seen all the videos etc..

But as far as bands like Fugazi or Sonic Youth or even Tool, I dont know a damn thing about their personal lives.

It is also sort of interesting, maybe Ed would like it better if they had the kind of "fame" or "non fame" that fugazi or sonic youth has.

But my main point was, he seems like a cool guy, ed likes him, and I like sonic youth as a band. I just get this vibe he is kinda strange.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    good point, its just an interesting comparison thats all. I can tell you all about ed and his life, his influences, his favorite records, cause I have read all the interviews and seen all the videos etc..

But as far as bands like Fugazi or Sonic Youth or even Tool, I dont know a damn thing about their personal lives.

It is also sort of interesting, maybe Ed would like it better if they had the kind of "fame" or "non fame" that fugazi or sonic youth has.

But my main point was, he seems like a cool guy, ed likes him, and I like sonic youth as a band. I just get this vibe he is kinda strange.

oh please. if ed likes him then he must be alright?? how can you possibly judge someone based on the opinion of someone else you don't even know, but think you do.
    shit i would take thurston moore over a very long list of people any day.
    and who really cares what these people are like anyway. all i care about is the music. everything else has nothing to do with anything.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    He is obviously very talented, but anyone else think he is kinda wierd. With pearl jam I know all about the band members, although I havent met anyone of them I kinda get the feeling of what they are like. Like with ed, we know generally what he is like.

But with Thurston Moore, I dont know, all I know about the guy is he is in Sonic Youth and married to Kim Gordon. Thats it.

I never hear stories of people meeting members of Sonic Youth.

Its just wierd. Its like they dont exist

Who cares. I reckon Thurston thinks it's a good thing.

I met him though. No not really, I spoke to him after his solo gig in Holland. It was only breeve, we exchainced jokes and I told him I liked the show.
    He gave me the setlist. And that was it.

I guess the fact that Pearl jam is bigger band than Sonic youth has a lot to do with it. There aren't as many people into Sonic youth as there are into Pearl jam.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    mark armmark arm Posts: 962
    you should get out more cheguevera
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/28/05 - Porto Alegre, BR
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
  • Options
    Psycic Hearts is a great CD.
    www.myspace.com/sharkie002
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Sonic Youth(Thurston & Kim) will be on gonzo on MTV2 on friday night, you may be able to find out more about him then.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    thurston moore rules. that's all i need to know about him