foo fighters

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited August 2006 in Other Music
Are they a decent band live?

I am a huge nirvana fan, and think overall the foo's catelogue is pretty good.

They are doing an acoustic tour.

Anyone think its worth it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    I saw them last summer in Toronto and it was one of my top shows I've been too for sure!!

The sound was flawless and they rocked the whole time!!

I'm not too sure what an acoustic tour would be like but I can tell you that full band they flat out rocked!!
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • BluntManGuyBluntManGuy Posts: 55
    I saw them last summer in Toronto and it was one of my top shows I've been too for sure!!

The sound was flawless and they rocked the whole time!!

I'm not too sure what an acoustic tour would be like but I can tell you that full band they flat out rocked!!

Amen. That was one hell of a concert.

I saw them last summer as well with Weezer (which I actually thought they did a great job as well...first time I seen them they opened for +Live+ without a drummer due to sudden illness acoustic style and it was horrible. But that was back in like 94-95?) and Foo took the lid off that joint! This upcoming tour sounds like a excellent idea. Just listen to the "slow" disc from the new album...cause I'm sure it's gonna be alot of those songs and a few others from previous albums mainly. Here's to hoping they'll do "Breakout" or something crazy like that...lol

P.S. That was a co-headline show and Weezer came on before Foo and actually had an encore. It was only 3 songs but hey...maybe PJ will get to squeeze in 4 before they lay down the rose petals for TPATHB.
    Tell the captain 'This boats not safe and we're drowning.'
    Turns out he's the one making waves
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Yes. Foo fighters are great live. My 2nd fave band to see live behind Pearl jam. Great energy, Dave is real talkative too. The only thing is that I wish they would change their set lists more. I have seen them 2 times (once they headlined Buzzfest), and the energy is amazing, the don't play much of anything off the first record anymore, and I wish they would, they usually only play 1 song from it.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    The Foo's are great live, ive seen them 3 times now (once at a festival). The difference between them and other rock bands is Dave interacts with the crowd alot and they put on a good show.

I dunno about an acoustic tour though, not exactly a jump up and down kinda thing, lol.
  • akuzedakuzed Posts: 63
    I've seen them more than 6 times because the missus is a huge Dave Grohl fan. Lord only knows why, he's got the overbite of a donkey :D

The last gig we went to in December 05 was amazing. By far the best I've seen so far, which is saying something because every show has been superb, including Reading festival 3 times.

I'm seeing them again next month at a gig in Hyde Park, London. Should be a good day, we've got:

Foos
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Motorhead
    Angels and Airwaves
    Juliette Lewis and the Licks
    Astoria - April 20th 2006
    Dublin - August 23rd 2006
    Reading - August 27th 2006
    Wembley - June 18th 2007
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I've seen Foos live around 12 times now, and they NEVER fail to put on a decent show. Not sure how an acoustic show would go down, but their regular shows are always worth going to. Can't wait for the Hyde Park show!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    akuzed wrote:

I'm seeing them again next month at a gig in Hyde Park, London. Should be a good day, we've got:

Foos
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Motorhead
    Angels and Airwaves
    Juliette Lewis and the Licks

I'm going to this aswell tix finally arrived yesterday :D

Have seen them once before and has to be one of my fav gigs.

As said elsewhere they completely rock the place and look like they are having am amazing time and Dave takes time to interact with the audience.

Would def recommend seeing them.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    I think they tried to deliver ours yesterday Chime but obviously we were at work @ 2:45pm :D Missus is getting them delivered to work so should have them in hand by end of the week :D We were only saying the other day it was odd that we ordered these months ago yet the PJ Dublin tickets came before Foos.

I'm really looking forward to it, I saw the Chilis at Hyde Park and it's a decent place to hold a mini-festival. Sound isn't too good, or wasn't that night, but if you get close to a speaker or up near the front it's okay. Toilets were a disgrace though, had to trapse through urine soaked mud, not pleasant.

Managed to get a hotel opposite Hyde Park in Lancaster Gate for £60 too, which was nice.

You may well spot us because I have a feeling Di will be wearing her Astoria t-shirt. I'll be the short bloke falling over drunk next to her :D
    Wembley - June 18th 2007
    akuzed wrote:
    I think they tried to deliver ours yesterday Chime but obviously we were at work @ 2:45pm :D Missus is getting them delivered to work so should have them in hand by end of the week :D We were only saying the other day it was odd that we ordered these months ago yet the PJ Dublin tickets came before Foos.

I'm really looking forward to it, I saw the Chilis at Hyde Park and it's a decent place to hold a mini-festival. Sound isn't too good, or wasn't that night, but if you get close to a speaker or up near the front it's okay. Toilets were a disgrace though, had to trapse through urine soaked mud, not pleasant.

Managed to get a hotel opposite Hyde Park in Lancaster Gate for £60 too, which was nice.

You may well spot us because I have a feeling Di will be wearing her Astoria t-shirt. I'll be the short bloke falling over drunk next to her :D

I'm going to Dublin too :D

They tried to deliver my tix on Saturday (was in the shower) so had to have them delivered to work.

Maybe I should wear my Astoria T to the Foos :confused: Are you guys in the Inner Circle?

I was at Chilis in Hyde Park but in the main area we moved to the middle near the front to get good sound but there were some dodgy areas. We missed Chicks on Speed which judging the booing when Flea mentioned their name may have been a good thing :o

I'm lucky can commute home as long as I manage not to miss the last train home :eek: one time when I'm happy about the curfew.
    Nah we're in the general mate. It'd be pointless us going in the 'gold' area due to the fact one of the crowd I'm with will be off to the bar every 10 minutes, plus the subsequent beer induced toilet visits every 5 minutes :D

Chicks on Speed sucked, big time. We were right by the front (bar :)) and the noise from the boo's while they were on stage was deafening. Shame because it can't be easy playing to a crowd that big, but they weren't really a band you'd expect to see at the RHCP's. Although in saying that James Brown kicked ass :D

I'd love to be able to commute, but there's hardly ever anything decent in the Midlands these days. 99% of the gigs I've been to have been in London or Manchester. Costs me a frigging fortune in hotels and travel every bloody year.

The one gig I wish I'd been to Brum is PJ in 1992. They played in the Rock club I go to in Brum city centre, Edwards #8 and I missed it :(
    Wembley - June 18th 2007
    akuzed wrote:
    Nah we're in the general mate. It'd be pointless us going in the 'gold' area due to the fact one of the crowd I'm with will be off to the bar every 10 minutes, plus the subsequent beer induced toilet visits every 5 minutes :D

Chicks on Speed sucked, big time. We were right by the front (bar :)) and the noise from the boo's while they were on stage was deafening. Shame because it can't be easy playing to a crowd that big, but they weren't really a band you'd expect to see at the RHCP's. Although in saying that James Brown kicked ass :D

I'd love to be able to commute, but there's hardly ever anything decent in the Midlands these days. 99% of the gigs I've been to have been in London or Manchester. Costs me a frigging fortune in hotels and travel every bloody year.

The one gig I wish I'd been to Brum is PJ in 1992. They played in the Rock club I go to in Brum city centre, Edwards #8 and I missed it :(

Ah well I'm sure we'll get a good gig.

Am only 5'2" so after Chilis decided I better get myself in the inner circle this time for a better chance of seeing something :)

Sounds like we didn't miss much by staying in the pub for an extra couple :)

I'm originally an East Midlander.
  • VONVON Posts: 259
    The foo's are awsome live!! I saw them in december. The setlists are full of their hits most of the time. They could mix it up a bit more. I'm not sure what the accustic tour would be like. When I saw them Dave played everlong accusticly, it was great!
  • cookie5798cookie5798 Posts: 396
    I saw them last summer as well. They totally blew me away. I will definately go see their acoustic tour when they play the south again. It's totally worth the dough!
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • Go and see them! Saw them a good few years ago ,on the day the 'Colour and the Shape' album was released, at the Cambridge Corn Exchange (a small venue). Pat Smear was still with them at the time and it was one of the best shows I have ever been to.
    Manchester 4/6/2000

and then wait 6 years...

Leeds 25/8/2006
    Paris 11/9/2006
    Wembley 18/6/2007
    Check out the Wembley Blog here - http://pjwembley.wordpress.com/
    Chime wrote:
    Ah well I'm sure we'll get a good gig.

Yeah, £45 or whatever it was for 5 bands is pretty good. You'd pay more than that for the Foos and QotSA on their own!

I checked the tour dates on the Foos site and the Acoustic tour is US only thus far which is a shame. Frank Black (Pixies) is supporting through August.
    Wembley - June 18th 2007
  • foo fighters and pearl jam are the only 2 bands that i think can do no wrong!!
    6-23-06...Pittsburgh,PA

www.myspace.com/hattricks412
  • Everyone i've heard has been to a Foo show left blown away.

Plus Dave's got a terrific voice.. it'd be nice to hear him when he doesn't have to scream over loud guitars :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • i went to see the foos in manchester uk on june 18th

was totally incredible!! i loved it - crazy crowd down the front kept you on your toes but it wasn't too bad

great band

and nobody can argue that dave grohl = legend

and just for the record, i don't really like nirvana.
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Ive seen them a couple of times and they are excellent live, id go and see an accoustic show as well. Dave grohl has always been really good with the crowd and its always a great night.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • tonestones Posts: 104
    I saw them in detroit last fall with Weezer and Kaiser Chiefs. It was a killer show but i'd love to see the acoustic tour.
    "Your light's reflected now,... reflected from afar...
    We were but stones,... your light made us stars"
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    I'd say it depends on whether you like the "slow, quiet" disc on their last 2 CD set. When they started touring it, they did all the fast, loud stuff from disc 1 and it was an awesome show by the way. They said they'd be around again to do the slow disc of the CD acoustically. They really are good so I imagine an acoustic show would be great even if it was only the "slow" disc songs from their last CD. JMO
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I saw FF w/ the Chili Peppers about 7 years ago. In my opinion, Foo Fighters blew the headliners out of the water. And I've seen the Chili Peppers and thought they were great, but they wouldn't play anything off my fave album (One Hot Minute).