Is Tool Finished?

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Anyone think they are done with?

Given that they take 5 years between releases, the next Cd would be out in 2011. I just dont see it happening.

Its sad but I think its true. I think 10,000 days was their last cd, and I also dont see them touring past 2007.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834

Given that they take 5 years between releases, the next Cd would be out in 2011. I just dont see it happening.

Its sad but I think its true. I think 10,000 days was their last cd, and I also dont see them touring past 2007.

I doubt it, Tool work to their own clock, always have done. I think when a band has been together for that long there is a certain comfort they have working with each other which is probably difficult to give up, just look at PJ.
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    I agree with facepollution, TOOL make their own schedule. They've stated that they intend to go on though noone knows how long. They've had plenty of opportunities to quit but they've decided to keep on. Plus they've caught onto a wave of success with 10,000 days giving them new fans, bigger financial success which aside from personal benifits gives them more artistic freedom such as the stage shows (not that there was any big impediment before but, well you get what I mean), where they can play etc, honestly it looks like an interesting time for the band.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • western pearlwestern pearl Posts: 632
    Well, maynard's doing his solo thing right now, right? He's got his own clothing brand, wine, whatever else. So maybe he's trying to branch away from the band a little bit. Who knows w/ Tool though. I think they do one more album and call it quits.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • harrymanbackharrymanback Posts: 435
    Nothing they have done indicates they are finished, other than age - can you see a 50+ yr old Maynard on stage (he is now 43)? I see one more album in 2010, a supporting tour, then a fairwell tour.
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    If they are finished, hopefully it's not until tomorrow since I have tix to see them tonight! Never been to a Tool show, but I'm looking forward to it, and I am at best a "casual fan."
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    I think Tool will continue on but A Perfect Circle's future looks bleak at the moment.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    well they are coming out with a live album....
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    I hope they're not done; 10,000 Days is a bad album to end with.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    Well, maynard's doing his solo thing right now, right? He's got his own clothing brand, wine, whatever else. So maybe he's trying to branch away from the band a little bit. Who knows w/ Tool though. I think they do one more album and call it quits.
    well if maynard going off and doing his own thing means another project like APC, I'm all for it.
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

bullshit che. you got some crystal ball you consult? are you a TOOl fan? I mean a real TOOL fan? have you not dealt with this for the past 15 odd years? TOOL do their thing the way they see fit to do it. When they feel the time is right for another album, they'll do it.
    you know the next album could come out next year for all we know. i doubt it, but you never know. the guys might be so inspired that they feel the need to share. however what they won't do is rush into something for the sake of it. they'll deal with 10000 days, put it to bed and then move on. all the guys have outside lives, TOOL isnt the be all and end all of their existence. so they can take their time and do something they're proud to share. and when they do, i'll be there waiting to hear what they got for me. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    bullshit che. you got some crystal ball you consult? are you a TOOl fan? I mean a real TOOL fan? have you not dealt with this for the past 15 odd years? TOOL do their thing the way they see fit to do it. When they feel the time is right for another album, they'll do it.
    you know the next album could come out next year for all we know. i doubt it, but you never know. the guys might be so inspired that they feel the need to share. however what they won't do is rush into something for the sake of it. they'll deal with 10000 days, put it to bed and then move on. all the guys have outside lives, TOOL isnt the be all and end all of their existence. so they can take their time and do something they're proud to share. and when they do, i'll be there waiting to hear what they got for me. :)

I could be a Tool fan if I had an album.....................................
    Music is not a competetion.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    I could be a Tool fan if I had an album.....................................

shit luce subtlety is not one of your finer points, you know that mate? :D:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    I don't see Tool as a band that breaks up. They will always be a band but not always together and never making records on a regular schedule. They will probably make more records but who knows when.
  • tool = over rated (please start crucifiction now)
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Tool was finished after Aenima as far as I'm concerned.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • spiral outspiral out Posts: 1,052
    I don't think tool will end.
    Keep on rockin in the free world!!!!

The economy has polarized to the point where the wealthiest 10% now own 85% of the nation’s wealth. Never before have the bottom 90% been so highly indebted, so dependent on the wealthy.
  • funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    Since we're on the topic of Tool, anyone know who is opening for them on their newly announced North American dates? I saw Isis open for them last year.
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    I certainly hope it's not Isis again....I've never disliked an opening act more
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    funkymonk wrote:
    Since we're on the topic of Tool, anyone know who is opening for them on their newly announced North American dates? I saw Isis open for them last year.

I saw them last night and it was an instrumental, stoney band that opened. They were called Kingsley or Kingby or Kingsberry, something like that. They played for a tad under 1/2 hour. Not too bad for an opening act.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • HaijayHaijay Posts: 378
    let's hope so
  • mattosbornemattosborne Posts: 339
    Tool have made two really great albums in their career. Aenima and Lateralus. 10,000 Days sounds like b-sides from both of those. I doubt they are finished, who knows though. I'd rather A Perfect Circle get back together than Tool moving forward. I feel like Tool has done what they can do.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!