Krist Novolselic

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited February 2007 in Other Music
Been a Nirvana fan since 91 and one question has always bugged me:

Is it pronounced "Krist" as it looks like it is pronounced with the t intact, or is it just Kris with the t being silent. I have heard it said both ways.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• T is not silent if you ask me.
    He is partly Croatian and I know how the Croats pronounce that- with a T.
    The letter R is also not the "american R"..it's the was Italians among others say PedRo.
    Surname is NOVOSELIČ, Č being pronounced like ch in cheese.
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Yeah the T is pronounced... not as Christ though, lol, Chris with a T. :D

Also ive noticed in the past that Kurt sometimes wrote his name as Kurdt Cobain.
    His middle name was Donald... so i think thats got something to do with it.

I may be way off base though. ;)
  • Strangely enough, it is pronounced "FILL-ip".
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

-- Willy Wonka
  • I'm a big fan of is, I personally think he was GREAT x 100 at the famous Nirvana Unplugged. He hasn't done much musically I would say I like but, I could him do the unplugged show in new york for hours on end.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • Saw him with Flipper a few months back. He totally stunk up the place.
    www.myspace.com/olafvonmastadon
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    The tradional Croation way to pronounce it is with the T. For most of his life, he did not pronounce the T. However, in the mid 90's, he had a renewed interest in his culture and has been pronouncing it since then.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
    What's the big deal with this guy anyway? He's a washed up has-been. Grohl is better than that Croat.