Creedence Clearwater Revival

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Great band, just great summer tunes

To me, its life affirming to hear I put a spell on you, the instrumental part, with the guitar moaning and humming. Its mindblowing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Great band, just great summer tunes

To me, its life affirming to hear I put a spell on you, the instrumental part, with the guitar moaning and humming. Its mindblowing

for once, im 110% with you. these guys were SOOOO fucking incredible.
  • hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    My dad was a huge CCR fan ... next to Dylan and the Stones, they're probably who I listened to most as a little kid. I still love all these albums ... they make me think of care-free summers :)
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Aaah!! What an amazing contribution Creedence has made to my life!! :D

Thanks Daddo!!!

One of my favorite memories is of Dad, with Born On The Bayou or Heard It Through the Grapevine, cranked up to 11, tapping his foot and doing that cool little dance thing that he does. :)

Just being surrounded by a wall of Creedence sound is such an awesome experience.

And so now I'm having to listen, just at the suggestion of them.

Thanks Che!!! :D

Maybe not 11 for a little bit, it is a Public Holiday here after all, but later, yep, later, might even crank em to 12 and surround myself with a wall of Creedence!!! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • John Foggerty is amazing.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,850
    I saw Fogerty in concert last year and it was the best non-PJ concert I've ever been to.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    ahhh, brings back such good memories. and yes, definitely happy summer music. besides pj and the beatles, i've probably listened to ccr more than anyone. i agree that fogerty was pretty great in concert. you can't be in a bad mood wheen you listen to "centerfield".
  • Creedance, along w/ Tom Petty are great nostalgia inducing bands. Great songs just to chill out to.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • nfanel wrote:
    ahhh, brings back such good memories. and yes, definitely happy summer music. besides pj and the beatles, i've probably listened to ccr more than anyone. i agree that fogerty was pretty great in concert. you can't be in a bad mood wheen you listen to "centerfield".

When i played baseball in high school we always warmed up to centerfield and some ac/dc. Always got us in a great mood and ready to play :D
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    have you ever seen the rain?

great song. great sing-a-long. very nostalgic

when i saw fogerty this summer, he said he wrote it about woodstock. makes it even better...
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    John Fogerty kicks ass. He should just tour under the name CCR. The guy is CCR as far as I'm concerned.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    he is one of the best performers around today. his energy is unbelievable and he plays everything that the crowd wants to hear. i saw him at pnc bank arts center this past summer, and bruce springsteen came out to do the encore with him. what a treat. the place went nuts. as far as i am concerned those are two of the best performers we have today.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    Matty Boy wrote:
    John Fogerty kicks ass. He should just tour under the name CCR. The guy is CCR as far as I'm concerned.

not as far as ccr is concerned. they are wrong.
  • IlovveePJIlovveePJ Posts: 145
    Hello I love CCR!!!
    Cincinnati. 6.24.06 Portland. 7.20.06 Gorge I. 7.22.06 London. 6.18.07
    Lollapalooza. 8.5.07 West Palm Beach. 6.11.08 Bonnaroo. 6.14.08
    Hartford. Mansfield.

www.myspace.com/lkatmeimsandrab
  • i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    CCR and a BBQ. :D
    IlovveePJ wrote:
    Hello I love CCR!!!

wanna see something REALLY scary?
    brain of c wrote:
    wanna see something REALLY scary?
    WHAT?
    Hartford. Mansfield.

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Amazing band, one of the best from the 60's
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
    IlovveePJ wrote:
    WHAT?

you should see a movie or two.
    brain of c wrote:
    you should see a movie or two.

I really dont know what the hell you are talking about but ok...
    Hartford. Mansfield.

• SathogwaSathogwa Posts: 227
    CCR also sound good on a warm, rainy spring night. Especially after doing a J or taking a bong rip. They have that warm, funky, earthy groove that doesn't quit.
    Sleep on horseback
    Far moon in a continuing dream
    Steam of roasting tea

--Basho
    I have to say that Creedence has been sounding awesome all day today, ever since this thread got started!! :D

Go the Green River! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENlmLJXRQ-k

One of my many favorite CCR songs :)
  • crittablescrittables Posts: 342
    i used to work at a pizza hut opening up the store. i'd get done early, have a little "treat", play songs on the jukebox. ccr's version of "heard it through the grapevine" was one of my faves.

something about that song on the jukebox is SO great:)
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,850
    -I wouldn't hold out much hope for the tape deck though.

-or the Creedence

"Well, uh, what about the briefcase?"
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENlmLJXRQ-k

One of my many favorite CCR songs :)

WOOOHOOOO!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks Patrick!! That made my day!!!! :D

Been rocking out here in the kitchen!!! :)

How cool did they look??? :)

How awesome did they sound??? :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    i saw ccrevisited last month and they were pretty damned good. i'm hoping to catch fogerty's show this summer. amazing band.
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    brain of c wrote:
    not as far as ccr is concerned. they are wrong.
    yeah, as demonstrated by the fact they sued him for ripping off "run through the jungle" (a ccr song) in "old man down the road" (a solo song). copyright infringement for sounding too much like himself. :D