Sonic Youth-The Diamond Sea

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited December 2006 in Other Music
What a hell of a song! Mindblowing stuff. 20 minutes of feedback heaven
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I agree. It is good. You should check out the Yeah Yeah Yeahs cover.
  • One of Sonics better songs...the switch between the "song" and feedback is bananas.
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    That is one of my ABSOLUTE favorite songs from Sonic Youth. Very beautiful and the feedback is amazing. Everyone's contribution to this song is GREAT and it shows in this song. :)

I hope to hear this song live someday! I heard they busted it out in Houston this year.
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    I agree. It is good. You should check out the Yeah Yeah Yeahs cover.
    oh yeh..love that one as well..
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    a fantastic song by SY. they've had too many. what a phenomenal band. if i ever meet them i'll have to tell them thanks for getting me hooked on Television.

anyone really into rather ripped. i think their work w/ o'rourke on murray st. and sonic nurse (2 really fresh albums for them) and then going in this direction (which isn't a big surprise, but they nailed it) for rather ripped has given them 3 consecutive spectacular albums. it is great to see they are still relevant. by the way, i still can't get over the fantastic 1-2 punch of reena and incinerate. incinerate is my favorite song from this year. hands down.

but i still love me some sister and evol. schizophrenia live is so f'ing sweet.
    Live Free or Die!