10,000 days the last of Tool?

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited December 2006 in Other Music
Is 10,000 days it for Tool, or are they going to make more music in the future?

In my mind, its either the end, or they will do ONE more album, and thats it. The time they take between records really adds up, and they will be pretty old in 5 to 6 years.

Its pretty amazing the impact they have made, and the relatively little output they have created. They have been a band since the early 90's and only have a few albums to show for it, yet those albums are all masterpieces.

I hope they create more music in the future, but I kind of think, sadly that we saw the last of them for this record. They will tour in Feb/ March in the states, and thats it.

sad stuff
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    well maynard has called time on A Perfect Circle so I'm hoping for more Tool albums in the near future. Tool are a modern day Led Zeppelin to me
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Between Tool's albums we got A perfect circle, which as like as much as Tool...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    edved82 wrote:
    well maynard has called time on A Perfect Circle so I'm hoping for more Tool albums in the near future. Tool are a modern day Led Zeppelin to me

Didn't realise this :(

I don't think its the end...they'll have a new album out in 2 years :D
    I need a coffee!
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    edved82 wrote:

Actually, he said mutiple times that he hasn't ruled out their future, he said Billy is busy at the moment but 'he's sure they'll all be free at some point enough to do something'.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Remember another thing, TOOL only took so long to make this album because they simply decided not to work for a while, anyone who knows anything about TOOL should know that they are by no means predictable, Maynard even less so, personally I'm not ruling them out any time soon.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • To be honest, I thought Lateralus would be the last one. And many people also said Aenima would be the last one as well. So who knows. You never know with Tool.

It doesn't really matter to me because I think they've put out lots of great music (more than most bands do), and I've seen them enough times to get my fill.

Also, I'd like to see what Adam Jones would do on his own without the others. I'd be interested in any of his projects.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    As far as I'm concerned, Aenima should have been the last one. I'm a huge TOOL fan, but I don't like anything they've done after that album. I listen to it and all the other albums daily.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • how can 10,000 days be the last tool record?

it wasnt even a "real" tool record,but only a "decoy" tool record.

hehe.
  • know1 wrote:
    As far as I'm concerned, Aenima should have been the last one. I'm a huge TOOL fan, but I don't like anything they've done after that album. I listen to it and all the other albums daily.

Yeah there's like a civil war with Tool fans...I'm the opposite. I never listen to Undertow or Opiate.
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    Saturnal wrote:
    Yeah there's like a civil war with Tool fans...I'm the opposite. I never listen to Undertow or Opiate.

Im with you...I rarely dig out those 2 anymore..they just seem too straight up for me..the songs are too short! Lateralus is still Tool's masterpiece in my opinion. I'd like to see them put out another record, but I can't see them having a really long lasting career considering the type of music they strive for. Too demanding and difficult.
  • Igottago wrote:
    Im with you...I rarely dig out those 2 anymore..they just seem too straight up for me..the songs are too short! Lateralus is still Tool's masterpiece in my opinion. I'd like to see them put out another record, but I can't see them having a really long lasting career considering the type of music they strive for. Too demanding and difficult.

I agree, Lateralus is the one...both the album and the tour. The stageshow for the last leg was amazing.
  • In an interview a while back Justin siad something like, "there are a few jams that might eventually become songs".
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    is tool finally gonna come to FL for the 10,000 Days tour in '07?
    Live Free or Die!
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    i would like tool to come out with mroe.. but they are all very creative without tool

A Perfect Circle
    Danny Carey is in a bunch of random things.. all of which are amazing

above all.. if i could hope for one album to be made during a tool hiatus...

TAPEWORM PLEASE!

i could not even imagine what that would be like. what i consider the best composer with one of the best voices out there.. that would be absolutely ridiculous.
  • EnigmaEnigma Posts: 59
    What was their touring schedule for the albums precluding 10,000 Days? If I am not mistaken, Aenima and Lateralus had two separate legs for N.A.? It really makes me wonder why there is a third leg for 10,000 Days. Tool is unpredictable but I sure hope the upcoming tour isn't their "farewell tour."
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    well they really only did 1 leg for North America
    the first little bit was just club shows and they did 4 of those with lateralus
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    3sheets wrote:
    is tool finally gonna come to FL for the 10,000 Days tour in '07?

ya they'll be back in the new year, spring or summer

a DVD would be nice...some day
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • You guys are looking at Tool the wrong way. You should look at Tool for the band members not the single entity. each memeber is an artist and in order to be an artist one much branch off and experiment. The side projects and all of that is still Tool, just ot under the basic entity of Tool. Tool is nothing more than a branching off point.
  • There have always been rumors that Tool would break up, and it's all because of the intervals between their albums...but hey, there was a relatively short interval between A Perfect Circle's "Thirteenth Step" and "Emotive" so Tool may put out another album before APC.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee