Sea Change

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited January 2007 in Other Music
Lets here it for this record by Beck, his masterpiece.

The Golden Age could be one of the best songs I have ever heard
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Great record!!! We've talked about this thoroughly on various threads though.
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • damn brilliant album...far superior to his other stuff IMO
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    YUP!!

one of my all time favorites.

Little One
    Lost Cause
    Guess I'm Doin Fine
    It's All in Your Mind
    Already Dead

While he comes across as helpless, sad, and lonely, he is able to keep that little bit of hope alive throughout the entire album. I can almost sense a sarcastic grin on some of the songs.

Love it, love it!
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • one of my favorite albums of all time
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • ah, yes...this album is incredible...
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • One of my fave albums of all time. Beck is a genius. I listened to Golden Age seemingly ever day.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
    I wish the song "Rosalie" made this record

Now that is a beautiful acoustic song
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • I dont' know what it is about sea change, but I just don't think it's that great. Now, mutations is a damn good record.....maybe I should re-visit sea change.
  • culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    I thought Mutations was better too.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • There's a song called "Ship In The Bottle" that was left off the album. It's incredible - could have been the best song on the album!
    SlowFade wrote:
    I dont' know what it is about sea change, but I just don't think it's that great. Now, mutations is a damn good record.....maybe I should re-visit sea change.

I love the uniquness of Mutations, but it really sounded like a transitional album to me. Sea Change comes off much more focused.

Having said that, i love just about all of his albums (can't get in to Midnight Vultures or Stereopathetic)
  • boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    Sea Change is one of the best albums released in the last six years. It is so beautifully depressing from start to finish. I have to be in the right mood to listen to it because it is so haunting.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    SlowFade wrote:
    I dont' know what it is about sea change, but I just don't think it's that great. Now, mutations is a damn good record.....maybe I should re-visit sea change.
    yeh will agree with you too..Sea Change is good..but Mutations is better.
    Lost Cause and Little One are gems
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA