Henry Rollins

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited January 2007 in Other Music
Black flag is mindblowing

The Rollins Band is great

His tv show on IFC is great

His spoken word shows are great

I absolutely love his anger and outrage.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i wish he could sing.
  • punk lead singers could never "sing". They scream. And Henry Rollins got his point across without singing
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    I just finished reading his latest book 'A Dull Roar'. Though I seldom agree with him politically, I have nothing but the utmost respect for him.
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Anyone read 'Get in the Van' - his tour diary from the Black Flag years? I keep meaning to pick this up but haven't yet. Looks like it would be a great read.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
    merkinball wrote:
    Anyone read 'Get in the Van' - his tour diary from the Black Flag years? I keep meaning to pick this up but haven't yet. Looks like it would be a great read.
    That book forever changed my outlook on the music 'life'. I can't imagine a band today going through what they did in the name of music. Truly a fascinating read.
  • I though Henry Rollins ruined black flag?

Although I did thoroughly enjoy him punching some dudes head in on the movie American Hardcore, which is a must see by the way.
    www.myspace.com/olafvonmastadon
    I though Henry Rollins ruined black flag?
    apparently many do think this. I wish there was a book out there by Ginn for example that would give a different perspective. I know Spot thought Rollins ruined them for sure and Ginn despises Rollins to this day. I dunno, too hard to say. I do know that the Nervous Breakdown EP kicks ass.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I like him - his spoken word performances are great. I need to get back to watching his IFC show - there were some cool ones last spring.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    transplant wrote:
    That book forever changed my outlook on the music 'life'. I can't imagine a band today going through what they did in the name of music. Truly a fascinating read.

Cool, thanks. I'll definately search it out.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball