Death Cab For Cutie

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited February 2007 in Other Music
Anyone else a fan?

I usually dont listen to music that is the favorite of teenyboppers worldwide, but one has to admit these guys are infectious and they have catchy tunes. I like their sound.

They arent punk rock by any means and arent out to blow your eardrums, but I think they have some great songs.

Summer Skin is a great song. Powerful and poignant. The Sound of Settling is extremely catchy. Title and Registration is another really good toe tapping song.

I dont know, i picture being lost, and confused and not knowing what to do with my life when I listen to the band. They wear their emotions on their sleeves and I like that.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Transatlantacism is one of my favorite albums. And "I will follow you into the dark" of their new one is brilliant.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • transatlanticism is a great album. transatlanticism the song is UNREAL. i saw them close with it at lolla last year and it was truly amazing. one of the best live songs i have ever seen.
    2003: Toronto
    2004: Boston 1
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (1&2)
    2007: LOLLAPALOOZA
    2008: Mansfield (1& 2), EV Toronto
    2009:Toronto
    2010: Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011: EV Detroit, East Troy (1&2), Toronto (1&2) Hamilton
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Detroit
  • Company Calls and Title Track are my favorites.
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    I find them extremely average, with a bit too much R.E.M worship

but hey, thats just me.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • Death cab is great!!!

I love Transatlanticism as a whole the best. We Looked Like Giants, The New Year and Tiny Vessels are all amazing songs.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?