Charles Manson's music

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited February 2007 in Other Music
Anyone ever listen to his "Lie" record? Its interesting to hear someones music, that influenced so many people, yet as is obvious he is a convicted murderer.

Its interesting to see how this album influenced diverse bands like System of a Down, Devendra Banhart, Throbbing Grissle, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Nine Inch Nails, and of course Uncle Neil's On the Beach record had a song sung from the point of view of Manson or someone sympathetic to him on Revolution Blues, the beach boys recorded some of his songs, and Joni Mitchell wrote a song about him that called him a "lord"

Its interesting music. Some parts are quite melodic, other parts arent. Its defintely not some technical and complex affair here, but rather simple songs.

Even if you detest the guy, its worth checking out his music, if not to see his influence on society.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    My first feeling when I read this thread title was "It should all be destroyed!!!!"

I guess he seems so evil and revolting to me, I felt like no one should listen to his music or give him the time of day.

I guess that's just my emotional response though. I try to stay far away from bad energy when I know it's there. :(
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    He should be beaten, but before he was infamous he was famous, and a hollywood/ music industry cult figure. Neil recounts chillin with him in a book somewhere, at Dennis Wilsons house.
  • Anyone ever listen to his "Lie" record? Its interesting to hear someones music, that influenced so many people, yet as is obvious he is a convicted murderer.

Its interesting to see how this album influenced diverse bands like System of a Down, Devendra Banhart, Throbbing Grissle, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Nine Inch Nails, and of course Uncle Neil's On the Beach record had a song sung from the point of view of Manson or someone sympathetic to him on Revolution Blues, the beach boys recorded some of his songs, and Joni Mitchell wrote a song about him that called him a "lord"

Its interesting music. Some parts are quite melodic, other parts arent. Its defintely not some technical and complex affair here, but rather simple songs.

Even if you detest the guy, its worth checking out his music, if not to see his influence on society.

I had this white supremacist buddy who had all of his shit!

It's fuckin awesome. The guy can really play and he's got a beautiful voice, I guess he's got nothin but time to practice. Some tunes, he'll be singing all nice, then go completely fuckin nuts.

It's all bootlegged from his cell. One song in particular has him playing, then his cell-mate saying "hey chuck, guards coming". The song stops, you hear the footsteps come closer, a few words exchanged, the guard then leaves and then the song continues being recorded. Amazing.
    www.myspace.com/olafvonmastadon
  • Manson is very gifted artisically. His artwork is pretty neat too. Unfotunately he had a hell of a life as a young man and ended up becoming a career criminal. He has always said that he likes life in jail, and didn't want to be dumped out on the street in 1967.
  • You missed out the most obvious...Marilyn Manson
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D