Will Audioslave reform?

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited February 2007 in Other Music
Will Tom, Brad and Tim reform Audioslave minus Chris Cornell, and get one of the people they wanted to front the band originally like B Real from Cypress Hill?

Or is Audioslave over?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Over and done. Pray for RATM.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • TrauTrau Posts: 188
    Rage is a shit band.
    In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    Frigid statue standing icy blue and numb
    Where are the frost giants Ive begged for protection?
    I'm freezing

Are you afraid, afraid to die
    Don't be afraid, afraid to try
  • Trau wrote:
    Rage is a shit band.
    Well judging by that statement you're a piece of shit so I don't really care what you think.. ;)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Like millions of others... im hoping for a RATM full time comeback!
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    great band. done.
  • Rage sucks. Zach couldnt even make an album on his own. Morellos best guitar work, was with Audioslave the 1st time prolly last time he played some melody. Cornell rules.
  • there is no audioslave without chris cornell, just like there is no rage without zack de la rocha.
  • i surely fucking hope they are finished.
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • i surely fucking hope they are finished.

there are so many posts like this about Audioslave on this board. is it because you want a Rage reunion or Cornell to do other projects? or do you just hate audioslave?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • webberf1webberf1 Posts: 160
    simple answer to the thread: NO

Audioslave is finito, they had their time in the sun but theyve called it a day.

Heres hoping for full-time Cornell as a single artist and RATM as the kickass band theyve become famous for being.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    CHRIS CORNELL SAYS HE WASN'T GETTING ALONG WITH AUDIOSLAVE

Point Music News provided by LaunchDaily

Former Audioslave frontman Chris Cornell told RollingStone.com on Friday (February 16th) that he wasn't getting along particularly well with the other members of the band during the latter stages of their time together, saying, "Getting along as people is one thing. Getting along as a group of people that can work together in a band situation...We weren't particularly getting along well, no. Bands work in a way where everyone at some point has to have a similar idea of how you do things...Three albums into it, it started to seem like our interests weren't as conjoined anymore."

Cornell admitted that he hadn't spoken to the rest of the band in a few months, and that they heard about his departure from the group on Thursday (February 15th), the same day he announced it publicly.

The singer said in a statement that "irresolvable personality conflicts as well as musical differences" led him to leave Audioslave after three studio albums, although his departure had been rumored since last summer.

Cornell will release his second solo album, titled Carry On, on May 1st.

The other members of Audioslave -- guitarist Tom Morello, bassist Tim Commerford and drummer Brad Wilk -- recently announced that their previous band, Rage Against The Machine, will reunite to perform at the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival in April.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    there are so many posts like this about Audioslave on this board. is it because you want a Rage reunion or Cornell to do other projects? or do you just hate audioslave?

i want cornell to reform soundgarden so pearl jam can get a drummer who can jam and i want the rest of audioslave to do whatever the hell they feel like doing since i wont listen anyway ;)
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Morellos best guitar work, was with Audioslave.

Check your medication man, you're either taking too much or too little of something, lol. :p

To my ears, the Audioslave sound is pretty much the RATM sound.
  • there is no audioslave without chris cornell, just like there is no rage without zack de la rocha.
    yes.
    Cincinnati. 6.24.06 Portland. 7.20.06 Gorge I. 7.22.06 London. 6.18.07
    Lollapalooza. 8.5.07 West Palm Beach. 6.11.08 Bonnaroo. 6.14.08
    Hartford. Mansfield.

www.myspace.com/lkatmeimsandrab
  • i want cornell to reform soundgarden so pearl jam can get a drummer who can jam and i want the rest of audioslave to do whatever the hell they feel like doing since i wont listen anyway ;)

I see. well I'm hoping there is a Rage reunion (not just tour, an album too)
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I'd rather see a RATM with Chuck D on the mic.
  • Yes, to re-create the first album, once again.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • enharmonic wrote:
    I'd rather see a RATM with Chuck D on the mic.

That'd be interesting. But you gotta bring in the Flava too!
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • mookmook Posts: 78
    Well judging by that statement you're a piece of shit so I don't really care what you think.. ;)

i second that, well, everything except the insult part
  • mookmook Posts: 78
    Here's hoping that the breakup will free Chris up to do a few songs with PJ, especially at Wembley. He should open for them!!!
  • will audioslave reform? who cares!
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    hopefully not.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08