Snow Patrol

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited March 2007 in Other Music
Are they any good? They seem to be like Keane, or some of those other bands. That one famous song they have really doesnt do it for me. But are their other songs good? The lead singer did a duet with the vocalist for Damien Rice's band,for some benefit for fair trade, and it was pretty good
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    Meh... I downloaded their latest album and I was not impressed. They really don't go anywhere. They have a couple good songs and the rest of the album sounds like filler. I wouldn't buy an album by them.
    Cock Fight.
  • As far I can tell, they're a fairly boring, insipid, stereotypical modern "indie" band. But I may be wrong, as they seem to be uniformally worshipped in my area.

P.S. I'm not wrong.;)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    A bit whiney, IMHO!
  • momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    my brother was all about them, raving about them. He handed me a disc and it was boring. Saw them on TV performing something, found them boring again. That's just my opinion.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • mattosbornemattosborne Posts: 339
    I have their latest and I really like it. I agree there is some filler but, its overall good. They are nothing like Keane btw.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • BremertonBremerton Posts: 279
    Eyes Open isn't very good, but Final Straw has a few good songs on it.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Tek Money wrote:
    Meh... I downloaded their latest album and I was not impressed. They really don't go anywhere. They have a couple good songs and the rest of the album sounds like filler. I wouldn't buy an album by them.

that album isn't very impressive. listen to 'final straw.' that's a fantastic album. the one before that is too. i love snow patrol.
  • IlovveePJIlovveePJ Posts: 145
    Saw them in concert last night... I think they kick ass!!!! ;)
    Cincinnati. 6.24.06 Portland. 7.20.06 Gorge I. 7.22.06 London. 6.18.07
    Lollapalooza. 8.5.07 West Palm Beach. 6.11.08 Bonnaroo. 6.14.08
    Hartford. Mansfield.

www.myspace.com/lkatmeimsandrab
    IlovveePJ wrote:
    Saw them in concert last night... I think they kick ass!!!! ;)

yeah, they were great when i saw them last fall. so good im going to seem them again in a month, and ok go is opening :)
  • IlovveePJIlovveePJ Posts: 145
    yeah, they were great when i saw them last fall. so good im going to seem them again in a month, and ok go is opening :)

OK GO also kicked ass!! :) You have something to look forward to!!
    Cincinnati. 6.24.06 Portland. 7.20.06 Gorge I. 7.22.06 London. 6.18.07
    Lollapalooza. 8.5.07 West Palm Beach. 6.11.08 Bonnaroo. 6.14.08
    Hartford. Mansfield.

www.myspace.com/lkatmeimsandrab
    IlovveePJ wrote:
    OK GO also kicked ass!! :) You have something to look forward to!!

i like your style :) i cant wait!
  • Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    Saw them 3 times already, they're albums all have some good songs on them, can't say I like everything, but they perform solid. Open your Eyes is a great song imho.
    your light's reflected now
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175

One of my new favs is also opening for them... Silversun Pickups!

And Snow Patrol plays SNL this week...

should be good.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    BOOORRRIIINGGG!

Seen 'em twice. Ok live.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • I only like that Chasing Cars song for sentimental value otherwise it's really not that great.
    I agree with the previous statement saying that they are boring.
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead."
  • chittychitty Posts: 609
    Besides PJ bootlegs, the two snow patrol albums are what I am listening to now. Like their music alot, almost every song on both albums!
  • macgyver06macgyver06 Posts: 2,500
    They are good if you like good music :)

if you set out with intentions for an album..9 times out of 10 you will be dissapointed...but listen to their albums straight thorugh a couple times with headphones running..or by yourself...and you will see that they don't put out fillers... they have concepts to their albums..

and for what its worth..i heard.. he writes songs off the top of his head...hmm its hard to explain online haha.. he doesnt rearrange his lyrics or anything...they come straight from his book