What other bands are in the rock hall of fame?

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Is fugazi in?

Mudhoney?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Is fugazi in?

Mudhoney?

As much as I love Fugazi, they will never be in
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,850
    Is fugazi in?

Mudhoney?

I like Mudhoney......but they'll NEVER be in the hall of fame
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I am worried that the whole "alternate" scene may be ignored by the Hall when it comes time for bands of that era to be inducted.....the whole progressive/art rock movement has been ignored despite the fact that it sold a ton of records in its heyday. Rush has been completely ignored. I fear that when it comes time to see the Soundgardens and Alice in Chains of the world be inducted, we will be forced to endure the induction of every minor hip-hop act that they can dig up.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybird wrote:
    I am worried that the whole "alternate" scene may be ignored by the Hall when it comes time for bands of that era to be inducted.....the whole progressive/art rock movement has been ignored despite the fact that it sold a ton of records in its heyday. Rush has been completely ignored. I fear that when it comes time to see the Soundgardens and Alice in Chains of the world be inducted, we will be forced to endure the induction of every minor hip-hop act that they can dig up.

The fact that the Ramones, The Clash and Sex Pistols are in are promising signs.

I see PJ having a shot. That would probably be it. AIC and Nirvana were not around long enough. Maybe Soundgarden if they get back together as Cornel has suggested may happen yet.

(Because I know)
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    The fact that the Ramones, The Clash and Sex Pistols are in are promising signs.

I see PJ having a shot. That would probably be it. AIC and Nirvana were not around long enough. Maybe Soundgarden if they get back together as Cornel has suggested may happen yet.

Sorry, but you are way off on this. Nirvana will be in as soon as they are eligible. It won't even be up for debate. Regardless of how people here might feel about them, the impact they had on music was/is so dramatic, they are sure-fire hall of famers. Unfortunately, I do not think AIC will join them, but who knows?

Also, in terms of length of career, Cream existed for three years, and they are in. Hendrix's albums came out over a period of two or three years. Janis Joplin only recorded over a period of 4-5 years. I am sure there are many, many other examples of artists with brief careers who are in.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • boroff89 wrote:
    Sorry, but you are way off on this. Nirvana will be in as soon as they are eligible. It won't even be up for debate. Regardless of how people here might feel about them, the impact they had on music was/is so dramatic, they are sure-fire hall of famers. Unfortunately, I do not think AIC will join them, but who knows?

Exactly... they weren't my favorite but they will be the highlight of the class of 2014. When you consider that there are bands that only officially put out one album who have been inducted, Nirvana is a no-brainer.
  • I see your point, yes, I would have to agree actually.

(Because I know)
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,136
    I think Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Soundgarden will make it in the HoF. Not too sure about Alice In Chains though. The Seattle scene fan in me wants them to make it, but the rational part of my brain tells me they won't be inducted. Other than that, I don't think any other band from that scene will be inducted to the HoF.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Is fugazi in?

Mudhoney?

Neither band even qualifies yet.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • boroff89 wrote:
    damn right they will. Definetly will be the first of the seattle bands to make it too.

soundgarden is gonna be in, no doubt in my mind. Cornell's massive success since then has not only brought attention to the other other seattle band but secured a status for him at the top of today's rock musicians. They're gonna make it.

Alice is questionable... seeing as how pretty much every crap rock band you hear on the radio ripped them off they've got a shot.. I think they were good enough to be in but it probably won't happen.

Smashing Pumpkins is a definite - esp. if Zeitgeist kicks as much ass as it's expected to.

Pearl Jam's the most definite next to Nirvana. Longevity, quality, etc etc. they've got it all. Plus all that inducting Ed's been doing must put in some cool points :p
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,136
    damn right they will. Definetly will be the first of the seattle bands to make it too.

soundgarden is gonna be in, no doubt in my mind. Cornell's massive success since then has not only brought attention to the other other seattle band but secured a status for him at the top of today's rock musicians. They're gonna make it.
    Do you think Soundgarden will make it on their first ballot? If so, they will beat Nirvana and be the first of the Seattle bands to make it since Soundgarden's first album was released before Nirvana's first album.
  • SLH916SLH916 Posts: 132
    Do you think Soundgarden will make it on their first ballot? If so, they will beat Nirvana and be the first of the Seattle bands to make it since Soundgarden's first album was released before Nirvana's first album.

No Seattle band will be in before Nirvana.

I'm not sure that Soundgarden will be in at all. Chris Cornell's success does not automatically translate to Soundgarden.

Alice in Chains is a longshot.

Pearl Jam should make it in on longevity alone and the strength of their live act, especially if they are still touring after 25 years, but there is a lot of industry and critical backlash against them. I think that it's about 50/50 at this point. Just read the reviews for Panic!At the Disco's last album versus Pearl Jam's. If you've heard Panic's last album and read the glowing reviews, you know what I mean. A lot will depend on what happens in the next 11 years.
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910

Alice is questionable... seeing as how pretty much every crap rock band you hear on the radio ripped them off they've got a shot.. I think they were good enough to be in but it probably won't happen.

Smashing Pumpkins is a definite - esp. if Zeitgeist kicks as much ass as it's expected to.

Pearl Jam's the most definite next to Nirvana. Longevity, quality, etc etc. they've got it all. Plus all that inducting Ed's been doing must put in some cool points :p

I'm actually thinking this:

Definite:
    Nirvana: First Seattle band to get the nod
    Pearl Jam: Still a hugely successful touring band. the HoF loves Ed.

Maybe:
    Pumpkins: Feel like time has not been good to them, as far as legacy goes. As well, if the reunion is a nightmare it could be curtains for their chances.

Not Likely, but maybe:
    Soundgarden: Never had the sales numbers of above bands. They were special to the Seattle scene but didn't have the commercial impact (you may disagree with that last statement but in the grand scheme of music..it's true)

Won't:
    Alice in Chains: I loved me some AIC but they're a band that will be under appreciated/forgotten by critic types in 5/10 years from now.

this isn't what i wish would happen, but there are so many other bands that are still looking to get in. It makes it really unlikely to me that 4-5 Seattle era bands will make it in.

Then you add the others like STP, who i think are about as likely to get in as maybe the Pumpkins.
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • SLH916SLH916 Posts: 132
    I'm actually thinking this:

Definite:
    Nirvana: First Seattle band to get the nod
    Pearl Jam: Still a hugely successful touring band. the HoF loves Ed.

The fact that Neil Young, the Ramones and REM love Ed doesn't translate to the the RRHoF loving Ed. I don't think that Pearl Jam is a definite, but I do think that Nirvana is.

It is also unlikely for STP.
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    SLH916 wrote:
    The fact that Neil Young, the Ramones and REM love Ed doesn't translate to the the RRHoF loving Ed. I don't think that Pearl Jam is a definite, but I do think that Nirvana is.

It is also unlikely for STP.

You make a good point...but i still think that PJ's resume will get them in for sure (not spoken as a crazy PJ fan but looking at what they've done over the course of their still successful career)
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”