REM song-Drive

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited March 2007 in Other Music
Whats this song about?

Very sad and dark images i conjure up in my mind when hearing this song. I kind of think of the early 90's scene and how it got out of control with the drugs and all that.

Whats Drive about?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Whats this song about?

Very sad and dark images i conjure up in my mind when hearing this song. I kind of think of the early 90's scene and how it got out of control with the drugs and all that.

Whats Drive about?

Have you ever listened to Fables of the Reconstruction?

There is a song called Feeling Gravity's Pull...thats a dark song!
  • Whats this song about?

Whats Drive about?

I remember Stipe saying it's a bit of a hommage to Michael Damien's "Rock On". Also some political stuff thrown in their "oli oli oli come free" = Oliver North & of course "bushwhacked".

One killer guitar solo in their by Peter Buck. I love the orchestration & the music video too
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I'm not sure what it's about but it is one of my favorite songs. :)
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    one of my favorite REM songs!
  • anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    I a huge REM fan...But, does anyone ever really know what Michael Stipe is singing about? I don't mean that in a bad way, he is just a wee bit on the random side sometimes.
  • how do you know it's about oliver north? i thought he was just riffing on the old schoolyard ryhme.

i love the song, it's the most apathetic delivery of "hey, kids, rock and roll" i could possible think of

you asked, I answered dude. i'm a diehard R.E.M. historian who's read anything/everything that's ever been produced & I was just relaying info I had read
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    tick tock tick tock
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • I a huge REM fan...But, does anyone ever really know what Michael Stipe is singing about? I don't mean that in a bad way, he is just a wee bit on the random side sometimes.

And the nail has been firmly hit on the head.

I absolutely love R.E.M., but I don't think I really understand any of their song meanings. There are a select few (Fall On Me, Don't Go Back To Rockville, Bittersweet Me) that make sense. But they are few and far between.

They are awesome, though.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage