Isaac Brock cut himself?

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited March 2007 in Other Music
Heard that at a show the other day he started banging the microphone on his head, then took out a knife and cut himself in the chest area. Very bizaare.

Anyone confirm this?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• also unrelated to this, what the hell is world at large, off good news, about?
  • Heard that at a show the other day he started banging the microphone on his head, then took out a knife and cut himself in the chest area. Very bizaare.

Anyone confirm this?

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/41806/Isaac_Brock_SelfMutilates_at_South_Dakota_Gig

check out the youtube links...
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • rockpantsrockpants Posts: 838
    Maybe he thought he was Richey Edwards for a moment there.
  • My friend saw Marilyn Manson do this in his early years.

Except he was cutting himself with broken glass.
    NERDS!
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    That is crazy. Hope he is okay.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • I can confirm it, I was there.

It was really strange, Isaac didn't really appear all too fucked up until the band started going into Tiny Cities...then all of a sudden Isaac put his guitar down and took the mic of its stand and started marching around the stage singing and yelling jibberish. It was really crazy, but insanely intense. He got really really worked up with what he was doing, then cracked himself in the head a few times with his mic. Then he went to his amps with his back to the audience for awhile...I had no idea what he was doing...then all of a sudden his roadie rushed over to him urgently and Isaac tried to wrestle away from him and there was almost a little scuffle. The roadie finally calmed Isaac down and they sort of embraced on the side of the stage, Isaac calmed down and got his guitar back on and then he turned around and we saw 2 spots of blood on his white shirt. He really appeared fucked up from then on...he didn't hit one note correctly on guitar during Tiny Cities, but it really didn't matter because it was one of the most intense concert moments I've ever seen.

They then went into Trailer Trash and jammed it out at the end with Isaac improving lyrics again and getting really really into it. Isaac calmed down until Spitting Venom...I swear they jammed it out past 20 minutes. Isaac lost it...he kept taking off his guitar and putting it back on, having his roadie play his part while he walked around on stage singing and chanting uncontrollably. He was visibly fucked up on something, he kept pacing around, then fell off the stage but kept singing. People in front said that he whacked himself pretty hard on the front rail, but he kept singing and got into the crowd and kept singing the last line over and over again. It really was amazing and the energy level was through the roof. Isaac got back on stage and picked up another guitar (his roadie was still playing his main guitar through his amps/effects) and plugged it into his keyboard amp. Isaac starts trying to use his effects pedals but of course they aren't in his guitar chain so nothing happens so he gets ornery and takes his guitar off, gets his main guitar from the roadie and goes on to rock out so fucking hard for another 5 minutes. He was rocking out, swinging his guitar all over the place, knocked his beer bottle off the amp and then stomped on it.

Once the song wrapped up, the place was in awe. Isaac went up to the mic and stared blankly into the audience and in an incredibly fast and monotone voice says something along the lines of "thank-you-for-coming-out-tonight-we-hope-you-had-a-good-time-goodnight". Then he stares out into the audience for about 5 seconds and walked off the stage.

It was easily the craziest show I've ever seen. The cutting thing was weird obviously, although at the time I didn't actually see him cut himself I just saw the blood (I just figured he was doing coke and got a bloody nose that dripped on his shirt). Isaacs vocal performance suffered but it really didn't matter...this was rock n' roll insanity.

I'd never want anyone to self-mutilate, and it feels totally dirty of me to say this...but it gave the show the edge that I feel will never be matched by anything. There was a sense of danger, fear, excitement, anticipation...you honestly didn't know what Isaac was going to do.

It was my 5th MM show, and it was easily the most intense and memorable. I guess the next night in Fargo Isaac made a comment about how he "wasn't right" the previous night.

I still can't believe how nuts this show was...
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • also, they announced a lot more tour dates for a heads up! I wouldn't go expecting any more Iggy Pop moments though :)
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV