Bands that don't change their sound

2»

Comments

• LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    Red Hot Chili Peppers (although many would dispute calling them "good")
    Franz Ferdinand

first of all they are good. second of all i think we already declared that not changing your sound doesn't neccessarily make you a bad band....and third of all if you listen to their old stuff (pre-californication)...it is quite different than their new stuff. although i would agree their style has been the same for their past three albums.
    He said bands that are still quality, there is more life in a shooting alley full of smack heads than a Coldplay song.

Again I would'nt describe these as quality but each to there own.

Metallica have somewhat of a trademark sound.
    Queens of the Stone Age are probably my favourite band I can think of that has'nt been mentioned that have a sound and are quality

i'll agree with you on bon jovi, but coldplay is at least a quality band. they might be overrated and they might not be great, but they are quality. parachutes was a very good album, so was rush of blood to the head, and i would've enjoyed x&y more if it had something i hadn't already heard on one of the previous two albums.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    i'll agree with you on bon jovi, but coldplay is at least a quality band. they might be overrated and they might not be great, but they are quality. parachutes was a very good album, so was rush of blood to the head, and i would've enjoyed x&y more if it had something i hadn't already heard on one of the previous two albums.

I'm not dissing your taste just giving my own opinion, it all sounds the same to me, very bland, come to think I would put Travis in the same category although they dont sound like CP all there music sounds bland and similar.
    A lot of people like both these bands I guess they're just not for my ears.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Pantera also had a unique sound aka Dimebag Darrell, awesome band.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    I'm not dissing your taste just giving my own opinion, it all sounds the same to me, very bland, come to think I would put Travis in the same category although they dont sound like CP all there music sounds bland and similar.
    A lot of people like both these bands I guess they're just not for my ears.:)

i kinda agree. i think rush of blood to the head was a great album, but all their songs sound pretty much the same and i see no need to ever own another coldplay album. same with travis... i just need the greatest hits. when coldplay releases a best of, ill buy that and never look back.
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    Agree with whoever said RHCP.
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • pjfan85pjfan85 Posts: 124
    azwyldcats wrote:
    Neil Young but in a very good way

Zeke

Bon Jovi

Marilyn Manson

No offence, but Neil Young is a pretty bad example.
  • pjfan85pjfan85 Posts: 124
    Oasis
    The Ramones
    i kinda agree. i think rush of blood to the head was a great album, but all their songs sound pretty much the same and i see no need to ever own another coldplay album. same with travis... i just need the greatest hits. when coldplay releases a best of, ill buy that and never look back.

well i guess you agree with me then. if you saw what i said, i just said that they were a quality band...not great, and that they don't change their sound which is the point of this thread. you must think they are at least quality if you though rush of blood to the head was great. but anyway yeah, thats why i said i didn't like x&y, because it had nothing on it that you couldn't listen to from the first two albums.