Zero-Sum

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Final song off Year Zero. Basically the gravestone message of humanity. "shame on us" indeed. What a hell of an album.

Hate to admit it, with 2006 giving us tool, red hot chili's, pearl jam etc... but 2007 has been way better than 2006 music wise and we arent even halfway in the year yet.

Trent Reznor did what he set out to do. make a record about the future and the end of the world.

Shame on us for killing the planet and the world.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Yeah I'm starting to think this may be his best work yet, it's very focussed. Can't believe how different it is to With Teeth. And yeah Zero Sum is really cool - "god have mercy on our dirty little hearts", indeed.
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    I mentioned this in another thread. I might just love this song because of its finality ... or I might just love it because it's a masterpiece. I'm so happy for Trent that he was able to put this whole mess into music (but I'm also wishing Radiohead would just get ... the ... damn ... record ... out.) We're living in interesting times and it's being chronicled for posterity. All you have to do is tune out the static from the bad music the salespeople want us to buy, and you'll find some truly thoughtful art.

About the chorus ... I'm assuming it's a collaboration with TV on the Radio (who we're seeing in two weeks) ... haunting.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • This song is the highlight of the album for me. Fantastic.
  • Final song off Year Zero. Basically the gravestone message of humanity. "shame on us" indeed. What a hell of an album.

Hate to admit it, with 2006 giving us tool, red hot chili's, pearl jam etc... but 2007 has been way better than 2006 music wise and we arent even halfway in the year yet.

Trent Reznor did what he set out to do. make a record about the future and the end of the world.

Shame on us for killing the planet and the world.

what would we do without Trent to point out that the world has a lot of problems.
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    what would we do without Trent to point out that the world has a lot of problems.

We'd have to rely on Eddie or Thom ... it's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    my fav song off the album
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • it's amazing

but then again so is the entire album
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2