Ben Gibbard

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Does anyone think he is going to release a solo record?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Likely........not that I care much, a bit too boring for my taste
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    really? I am a big fan of Death Cab. I dont know, being a guy, I know I am really in the minority in the fan base of the band, but they just have really catchy as hell songs. Alot of my record collection is filled with angry political meaningful music, and I think the reason why I like Death Cab is that they dont have a political agenda in their music. Its just honest music. I get the feeling the music really has almost college type feeling to it, this idea of change and finding your place in the world. And thats what I am going through so the music really hits home
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    i hope to see a new death cab before ben solo. plus there's a new postal service due this year too :)
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    yeah i don't think there will be. maybe after the next death cab? but whats the point when he can have songs on death cab albums that are practically what he'd put out on a solo cd anyways...dunno. tough call.

i am a male as well though..guess i fit into that minority of the fan base. saw him/david bazan/johnathan rice last thursday up at UCLA and loved it. great, long set. jenny lewis came out for some postal service stuff too.
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep