Minus the Bear

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited May 2008 in Other Music
saw them last night. One of the best shows I have seen. great live band
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I saw them in a little club a few years ago packed in like a sardine. they literally had to leave the door open at the club and people were in the doorway trying to see. the place was tiny maybe 300 people tops. It was a great show then :)

I wish more people liked these guys.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    I don't know much about these guys but I absolutely love their name! Any recommendations to get familiar with their stuff?
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    I might see them at Bonnaroo, depending on what else is going on at the time.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    oktacoma wrote:
    I don't know much about these guys but I absolutely love their name! Any recommendations to get familiar with their stuff?

I saw them a few months back here in Florida, and they kicked dick!
    Awesome live!
    I would get "Highly refined Pirates" - thats the Cd that hooked me, but it took a bunch of listens and quite some time...but now i have most of their albums, and they are all good in their own ways.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    As mentioned Highly Refined Pirates is probably the best place to start.

it is what hooked me too.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    They've played tiny clubs in Manchester every December for the last 4 years. Saw them on the 2nd and 3rd time, and it was pretty cool. For me it seemed a touch technicalities over enjoyment, but it was a good show. Not sure if I'd see them again, 2 times is enough for me.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • JerzdevilJerzdevil Posts: 59
    I love that band. Saw them in Philly in October. Planet of Ice rocks my socks.
    I believe the children are our future... unless we stop them now...
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,227
    Planet Of Ice is the balls. My favorite record from last year.
  • BremertonBremerton Posts: 279
    They are definitely one of the best bands out there right now. The new album holds up nicely to the first two. I love Dr'lling and Throwin' Shapes.
  • PJPJ Posts: 291
    Minus the bear is actually a really sound band. They have great talent and can show that you dont have to be on MTV to have great music and an amazing sound. Easily one of the most orignal bands i have ever heard.
    2006-06-01 E. Rutherford 1
    2008-06-24 NYC: MSG 1
    2008-06-25 NYC: MSG 2