pop stars and microphones

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Why do people who obviously lip sync like britney or janet or whoever, always hold a microphone or have that stupid microphone conncected to their head, while singing. I mean, whats the point of those things if they arent used.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    It's the same as wrestling, people know it's fake but if it's done well enough then they don't have to worry about it and suspending their disbelief is easier and makes the show more enjoyable. The problem is that you're still looking at Britney's product as art. It's not, it never was and never will become it no matter how many songs she "co-wrote" on her album which has had the gestation period of a Chinese Democracy at this point.

To people who go to these little shows by "M&Ms" (which I guess has become her stage name), the show is important not the content. It's not really that different from like Motley Crue (thankfully) taking the focus away from the horrible songs and on the naked chicks and explosions. The crowds that pay money to see Britney would rather she dance and pretend to sing than sing and not really dance.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb