Mazzy Star

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Fade into you, is one of the best songs of the 1990's, and it isnt even by one of the grunge bands we all know and love.

Simple song, simple lyrics, relaxing vibe
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    It is a great song.........I like very few women vocalists but this song is one of my favorites. Still dont know if I would call it one of the best songs of the 90s though.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    A very good song i never got into much of her other stuff.

Here is another thread about her
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=241510&highlight=Mazzy+Star
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Dave Roback's guitar work is subtle yet perfect for the songs; I love Mazzy Star. Take Everything is one of my favorites. It always seems to rain when I play their music. My wife and I were sitting by the fire, looking out over the river we live next to a couple of months ago, listening to Among My Swan, and a nice, slow rain started to fall. Always seems to happen. I would like to have had more material, but I guess we should feel lucky to have the quality of stuff they put out before they disappeared.
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    Dave Roback's guitar work is subtle yet perfect for the songs; I love Mazzy Star. Take Everything is one of my favorites. It always seems to rain when I play their music. My wife and I were sitting by the fire, looking out over the river we live next to a couple of months ago, listening to Among My Swan, and a nice, slow rain started to fall. Always seems to happen. I would like to have had more material, but I guess we should feel lucky to have the quality of stuff they put out before they disappeared.
    Yes, that is the perfect setting for Mazzy Star. Hope Sandoval has her own solo album called, Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions : Bavarian Fruit Bread, it's a new band, but the same amzaing voice. If you like Mazzy Star, buy her solo album.
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    that whole album is great. "Fade into you" is great, but over all the whole "So tonight that I might see" album is just classic.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I always love hearing it when it comes on the radio.
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    Fade into you, is one of the best songs of the 1990's, and it isnt even by one of the grunge bands we all know and love.

One of my favorite songs of all time, not to sound fruity, but it makes my soul happy

for years, i'd put it on repeat to go to sleep to, still do on ocasion

and boy does it sound go on E.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • prljmfan92502prljmfan92502 Posts: 144

I fucking love that song! It is just beautiful! Was that song on the natural born killers soundtrack? Or was that a different song? Sorry i can't remember!
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I fucking love that song! It is just beautiful! Was that song on the natural born killers soundtrack? Or was that a different song? Sorry i can't remember!
    no, that was "Sweet Jane" by... uh.. i don't remember. think it's a Velvet Underground or Lou Reed song.
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    no, that was "Sweet Jane" by... uh.. i don't remember. think it's a Velvet Underground or Lou Reed song.

Sweet Jane - the Cowboy Junkies (cover of the Velvet Underground)
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
    Sweet Jane is Cowboy Junkies
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    sweet Jane - originally done by the velvet underground
    Cover by - the cowboy junkies (it's in the Natural born killers film)
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135

I've always liked Fade Into You---so depressingly beautiful

does anyone know by any chance the song that was with it on the cassette single--on the flip side? my best friend at the time loved that song and I grew to like it but have never been able to find it since. checked much of the lyrics from songs of that album and can't find the song---something in the lyrics about closure? if anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

~~peace & love
    red mos wrote:
    sweet Jane - originally done by the velvet underground
    Cover by - the cowboy junkies (it's in the Natural born killers film)
    ah, thank you, didn't know that!